Scam text message

I'm a Participant Level 2 scopinoo
I'm a Participant Level 2

Scam text message

I recieved a text message from Rogers that claims that due to a billing error they were sending me a credit of $283.59 via e-transfer. All I need to do is login into my TD acct and deposit the funds.  The message was sent from text #12899415678 and the website address is paula-buchholz.eu.  

Is this a scam?  If so, what do I do?

Thank you,  Olimpia 

Accepted Solution

Re: Scam text message

Hello Scopinoo,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! That message most definitely is a scam. You can help reduce these scam SPAM messages by copying and forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter (see here).

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Scopinoo,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! That message most definitely is a scam. You can help reduce these scam SPAM messages by copying and forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter (see here).

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

my mom got this message on her prepaid sim as well, just delete it. there is no such thing as an 'gift'

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 scopinoo
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you everyone!  I really appreciate you all taking the time to get back to me on this.  I did think it was a scam, but I just wnated to be 100% sure. Have a great day!  Olimpia.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4