Saving or backing up VVM messages?

Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Saving or backing up VVM messages?

I know regular VM messages cannot be transferred (without playing them and recording the audio). Is this the same case for Visual Voice Mail messages?

Accepted Solution

Re: Saving or backing up VVM messages?

Hey everyone! 

I know this thread is pretty old but I thought I would provide some up-to-date information in case anyone came across this. Smiley 

With regards to voicemail storage with Visual Voicemail, the messages will not be stored indefinitely. You can store up to 35 messages at one time and once you reach the maximum number of messages allowed, the old messages will need to be deleted in order to receive new ones. Unheard messages are stored for a period of 10 days and they are automatically deleted after this period. Heard messages, once listened to, can be saved for another 10 days and will be automatically deleted after this period. 

I do not know of any other way, besides playing the message over the speaker and recording the audio, to save the voice messages beyond this period.  

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

I have visual voicemail and I frequently delete my messages and they get moved to my deleted message folder. I have messages in there from many months ago and I am still able to "un-delete" them as well. In short VVM is different the regular VM so the regular VM rules do not apply to VVM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

But, they do eventually get removed, whether they are in the trash or just listened to, correct? I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

I do believe that they would eventually get deleted but like I said I have voicemails from september still in the trash. I will find more information on this and get back to you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 Jummy
I'm a Participant Level 1

I've recently discovered that I can no longer save voicemail messages on my phone past 10 days. How do I know if I have visual voicemail?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Former Moderator FidoJonathan
Former Moderator

Hi Jummy,

Welcome to the Fido techncial community,

How do you access your voicemail on your Iphone? 

Do you press and hold the number 1?

Please click on the Phone Icon then click on voicemail;  do you see a voicemail menu or does you phone dial into voicemail?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Fido Employee Amanda1
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone! 

I know this thread is pretty old but I thought I would provide some up-to-date information in case anyone came across this. Smiley 

With regards to voicemail storage with Visual Voicemail, the messages will not be stored indefinitely. You can store up to 35 messages at one time and once you reach the maximum number of messages allowed, the old messages will need to be deleted in order to receive new ones. Unheard messages are stored for a period of 10 days and they are automatically deleted after this period. Heard messages, once listened to, can be saved for another 10 days and will be automatically deleted after this period. 

I do not know of any other way, besides playing the message over the speaker and recording the audio, to save the voice messages beyond this period.  

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7