Samsung s6 update

Samsung s6 update

Samsung s6 update

SOLVED
Josh777
I'm a Participant Level 3

Samsung s6 update

Hi i got my samsung s6 about 3 weeks ago and just noticed I'm still on 5.0.2 and tried to update and said this is the newest update when I know it isn't. I don't know what to do. Pleasee help

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung s6 update

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hey Josh777!

We were working with Samsung to fix the issues with 5.1.1 which might be affecting your update. As of November 16th, we'll be rolling out a fix in stages. You should receive the notification to update your phone soon. Smiley 

View solution in context
15 REPLIES 15
apaterson
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Is this new update to 5.1 safe? I updated to 5.1.1 in September and had nothing but problems to the point where I had to take my s6 to a repair centre. I'm back on 5.0.2 and happy now, but I'm forever reluctant to upgrade anything again.

Hey apaterson,

The new update was implemented as a fix so you shouldn't be experiencing any more issues once you install it Smiley

-FidoChristina

Dandymite
I'm a Participant Level 1

"shouldn't"

Josh777

Still on Android 5.0.2 when do you think I will get the message?

Hey Josh777,

The 16th of the month hasen't arrived yet. This is the date when the new update patch will start rolling out.

Stay tuned.

Mike
I'm a Contributor Level 1

The update has been sent out and will be arriving in batches. If you're like me and a little impatient, you could just head over to Samsung.ca and download Smart Switch to download the latest update. Smart Switch is essentially Samsung's version of iTunes. It allows you to back-up, restore and sync your data as well as upgrade the software.

You can get it here: www.samsung.com/ca/support/smartswitch/

CGallagher
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Great patch that you got there. Got it today and the thing does not work at all.

Josh777

No I use original everything

Make sure the usb cable is pushed all the way in the phone and charger I've heard if the cable is not pushed all the way in properly it still charges but not fast. 

If it still does not work try another cable, Still don't work try it on another fast charge device to see if the charger is actually working because you could have a bad charger.

Hey Josh777!

We were working with Samsung to fix the issues with 5.1.1 which might be affecting your update. As of November 16th, we'll be rolling out a fix in stages. You should receive the notification to update your phone soon. Smiley 

Josh777

What can you do to fix this?
Josh777

I got one problem though. My s6 doesn't always recognizes fast charging so I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times for it to work. Someone said if I update it will fix this

Hey Josh777 and welcome to the Community.

@community: Is anyone else having the same issue with the 5.0.2 version?

Are you using the original cable that came with the phone and charger? I have heard of other cables causing problems

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Stay on the 5.0.2 you are not missing anything with the 5.1.1

If you update you will get nothing but problems with miss calls and delayed text .Fido said they will release the 5.1.1 which fixes this issues on Nov 16. I suggest you wait for feedback before installing it when they release it.