Samsung s6 cannot make and receive call after update 5.1.1

nick_harmon
I'm a Participant Level 2

My samsung s6 unable to make or receive any voice call after update to 5.1.1. Text and data is normal. It's Bern like this since 9pm last night. Please help

4 REPLIES 4
meesh85
I'm a Participant Level 1

Just spent 45 mins on phone with fido csr. I did the same update two weeks ago and since then i intermittently lose ability to receive calls on s6. Some days text messages dont make it through until 3 hours later. Pple calling me go straight to voice msg and i dont get the notification from voicemail either. I had my voice call over wifi disabled last week but this is still happening. After 45 mins the answer from fido is that it cannot be fixed by fido. I need to keep my wifi off to make sure this doesn't happen which is very impractical since i dont have buckets of data and use my phone for browsing at home. So frustrated... need to go to samsung if they can uninstall update.
Interestingly this is not an issue with phones that had the same upddate on Rogers network as far as i know
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey Nick! 

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Can you give it a shot but keep it off for a few minutes before turning it back on. 

Keep me posted! 

healbunny
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same problems after update to 5.1.1(s6 edge), sometimes when I want to call someone, I need call twice, the first time just not work. Also, I cannot receive phone calls when I at home (maybe is the wifi turned on?).....

Hey, can you temporarily disable LTE & VoLTE in the settings of your phone?

Let me know how it goes!