Samsung note 2 from rogers moved to fido no LTE

Shane0919
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi please somebody solve this issue for me

I moved from rogers to fido in a booth and they swapped no problem.

How ever I noticed something is that before when I was at roger most of the time I'm on LTE. But now since I've MOV3d... I haven't see LTE yet... always 4G. I've went to switch the network mode from auto to GSM/HSPA back and forward.. no luck .sigh

I'm sure this phone is LTE COMPATIBLE and the sim is LTE and if 8 do Manuel search .. I see

FIDO
VIDEOTRON
FIDO-EXT
FIDO-EXT

What can I do?

13 REPLIES 13
Shane0919

Nope u mean reset network setting or fully reset?

Sorry for the confusion! I was talking about a full reset Smiley

Hello again,

Fingers crossed that a full reset will solve your issue. However, if it doesn't, some additional thoughts...

Have you tried your SIM in a different phone? Similarly, have you tried a different SIM in your phone?

Also, when you switched from Rogers to Fido, did you also move locations? That is, are you still in an area with LTE coverage?

Cheers

Shane0919

Hi Cawtau, 

That's exactly what i wanted to do 

so i did pop my sim card to my old FIDO UNLOCKED LTE iphone 5 and i've played with the LTE buttom and it does change the signal bar .. but always 3G ... 

i've put my husband's sim card ( LTE confirmed FIDO )  into my note 2 and LTE no problem 

so i've come up 2 kinda conclusion 

1. SIM CARD LTE issue ~ ( cuz i've noticed on the back of his SIM card it saids LTE  but not mine )

2. Fido is blocking All NONE FIDO handset~

3. SOMETHING else? 

and by the way i didn't moved and i did all the experience with two three handset that's lte enable

so i guess i'll do the first thing .. go back to the booth and ask him to swap me a LTE written micro sim.

and we'll see~

@Shane0919 wrote:

Hi Cawtau, 

That's exactly what i wanted to do 

so i did pop my sim card to my old FIDO UNLOCKED LTE iphone 5 and i've played with the LTE buttom and it does change the signal bar .. but always 3G ... 

i've put my husband's sim card ( LTE confirmed FIDO )  into my note 2 and LTE no problem 

so i've come up 2 kinda conclusion 

1. SIM CARD LTE issue ~ ( cuz i've noticed on the back of his SIM card it saids LTE  but not mine )

2. Fido is blocking All NONE FIDO handset~

3. SOMETHING else? 

and by the way i didn't moved and i did all the experience with two three handset that's lte enable

so i guess i'll do the first thing .. go back to the booth and ask him to swap me a LTE written micro sim.

and we'll see~

Hello again,

From what you described, it does sound like the SIM might not be LTE. It could also be something with the account. As mentioned above, sometimes it might take a while for services to get transferred after porting in a number. If a new LTE SIM does not solve your issues, you might consider calling customer service to verify the number has ported completely.

Fido does not block non-Fido phones. There are many people on this forum who have unlocked non-Fido phones which work on the networks without issue, even LTE.

Hope a new LTE SIM works for you Smiley

Cheers

Shane0919

Hi, I've tried to call customer service and they said it's not normal .. we change the SIM card 

we checked in the account 

nothing wrong and they opening a issue 

they said it should be fix within a week

but now nothing 

and i've called in and he opened another ticket 

>_<

Shane0919

I'm from postpaid account and is it possible that the phone isnt unlocked for LTE?

Hey Shane0919,

If the phone was factory unlocked by Rogers, it shouldn't be an issue. 

Have you tried to reset it?

Shane0919

The phone was from rogers and ive requested the unlocked code when i was outside of the country. The phone works perefectly with rogers lte. Few days ago after open a new line and imported the number ...no.more LTE ever since Sad
Shane0919

@Shane0919 wrote:
Yes ive checked the apn

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=496F6008D081A54F!1086&authkey=!AHxIS3-6zSvIVFY&v=3&ithint=phot...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=496F6008D081A54F!1085&authkey=!AJgb3S5jgVS6e_g&v=3&ithint=phot...
Here s the pictures of the apn

Is it correct?
@Shane0919 wrote:
The phone was from rogers and ive requested the unlocked code when i was outside of the country. The phone works perefectly with rogers lte. Few days ago after open a new line and imported the number ...no.more LTE ever since Sad

Hello Shane0919,

As far as I can tell, I do not find anything in your APNs that is incorrect. One difference however, would be MMS proxy: 205.151.11.13  That said, I do believe the proxy listed in your APN does resolve to the same address so I don't think it should be an issue.

Are you on a monthly plan or prepaid? While LTE recently became available on prepaid, it is still not available for daily/weekly prepaid data passes (see here).

You noted that you ported your number over recently. Apparently, it can take a while for certain services to become available (see here). Perhaps someone else on here can confirm this.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Shane0919 wrote:
Hi please somebody solve this issue for me

I moved from rogers to fido in a booth and they swapped no problem.

How ever I noticed something is that before when I was at roger most of the time I'm on LTE. But now since I've MOV3d... I haven't see LTE yet... always 4G. I've went to switch the network mode from auto to GSM/HSPA back and forward.. no luck .sigh

I'm sure this phone is LTE COMPATIBLE and the sim is LTE and if 8 do Manuel search .. I see

FIDO
VIDEOTRON
FIDO-EXT
FIDO-EXT

What can I do?

Hello Shane0919,

Welcome to the forums!

For the moment, I'll assume that you purchased the phone from Rogers so the bands/frequencies shouldn't be an issue.

Is the phone unlocked? It is a common notion that since the companies are 'related', locked phones from either company could be readily swapped from one company to the other. That may only be true for some phones which were actually locked to both companies. Since Fido -- to my knowledge -- never carried the Note 2, that phone probably is not co-locked to Fido. 

Normally, an unknown SIM in a locked phone would not work at all. However, since the companies are 'related' it is possible that you are getting partial service.

Are you using the correct APN? Both the Rogers and Fido APNs for LTE use the same name, ltemobile.apn, so it's easy to get them mixed up. You can verify the correct settings here. You can also reference here for additional help. The only real difference between the two would be the settings for MMS. It may not solve your LTE issues, but still worth double-checking to make sure.

Hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hello Shane0919 and welcome to the community Smiley

@Community:

Is anyone having the same issue with that phone?