Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

I'm a Participant Level 2 Filipe
I'm a Participant Level 2

Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

Just wondering when will fido get the new update (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) for Samsung S6 Edge?

Thank You.

Filipe Porto

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 92
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Re: Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

@KAPABLE-K, @Proac

Last night I downloaded Bell's firmware and Odin and will do it this evening.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 61 of 92
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Good for you.. That's sticking it to the man lol
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 62 of 92
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Well it is a shame I have to resort to this to have current and Secure phone.

There will be consequences, and news is this WiFi calling will still deduct time from your minutes.

Corporate greed 101.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 63 of 92
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Oh heck ya Fido can't allow users to bypass using cell minutes using VoLTE. That isn't the way corporations with an oligopoly function. With no threat of real competition the big three providers can run roughshod over consumers with little fear of reprisal. Thus we get to enjoy almost the highest cellphone rates in the world while our neighbours to the south enjoy some of the best rates. It's frankly pitiful that third world countries can provide better and cheaper cellphone service to their customers.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 64 of 92
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Very true all of it, well I am now running marshmallow with a June security patch. I know July's patch is out but June is sure better than Fido's November version.

Love control over permissions and the doze feature but most of all the security.

Pathetic I had to resort to that here late into July.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 65 of 92
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Dions
I'm a Contributor Level 2

FIDO should let us know what they are doing to the update, this would give us a good reason on waiting.

Not telling us means is FREAKING suspicious.

And also we should keep writting on this post so that it's on top of the feeds everyday!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 66 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 2 alittlefidouser

yes, it's unacceptable that Fido is holding up the update for so looooooooooooooong. What's the point of getting a premium phone but using an OS that is a year old?!?!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 67 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 1 JeanChretien
I'm a Participant Level 1

So why did s5 get the update before s6? This is such BS. Its been listes as coming soon for over 2 months. Come on Fido.... just come on and get your **bleep** together.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 68 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 2 lolito2

it's unacceptable that Fido is holding up the update for so long, fido gives me a lot of headache,when i finish my contract i will move to  another company.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 69 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 2 Shahaad

Samsung S6 Marshmallow update??

It has been over 6 months that this essential update hasn't been released for a flagship phone such as the samsung s6... the update is out for literally almost everyone besides fido/rogers. i don't see how this is acceptable at all.

im tired of getting the same robotic response from fido reps 'Check the OS update schedule'.The OS schedule said coming in june a few months back and now its back to coming soon. how long are we going to wait?

is there any known way to get this update without waiting for fido to release their version? numerous family members are eager to get this update as well as myself. if not, as promised, this will be the end of my journey with fido. very unprofessional and thoroughly displeased with the ways they treat their customers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 70 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 1 ryanl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: Samsung S6 Marshmallow update??

Don't worry! At Fido they're really working hard to make sure the update is Fido perfect, and they're totally sure that the update is coming really soon!

They really feel bad that you feel that way, and they might PM you with no solution whatsoever!

Finally, I'm sure that the update is "coming soon!"

I'm not sure what that means... I mean June obviously doesn't mean June for Fido, and soon obviously doesn't mean soon, but I'm sure it's coming soon!

Oh my god I'm turning into one of them... No concrete content to write... just empty platitudes... kill me now...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 1 aboganas

This stupid company will never listen to us or care about its customer. Every other carrier in canada has the update since around April.
However, I have my own trick that I use since last year and get the update when anyother carrier release it since all S6 and S6 edge in canada are the same exact model. You only trick smart switch momentarly that your phone is for different carrier and you will get the update from smart switch no root or xnox triger or anything and you will still get the update over the air when Fido ever release it (if that would ever happen lol)

I cant put the links (don't want my post unfairly deleted) so just google "Get Update from different carrier using SmartSwitch [Canadian]" my thread is on XDA.

Now i'm using Kodoo latest software and i'm loving it loving the wifi calling and awsome battery improvment

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 92

s6-edge-update-august-patch.jpgAugust Security Patch

In Augest security patch samsung said it patch a critical security vulrnability, so imagine how many security holes in your phones since it was never patched since november last year. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 92
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

No kidding, I have read each patch release from Google and each have significant vulnerability fixes. This more than the OS is what have me upset. All the patches were provided but Fido decided it was not important enough. Great support.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 92

not just Fido thats ignorant, even their moderator in here are the same. They keep deleting my posts just because I'm warning users to hold on use of banking apps on the phone while the are vulnerable since they don't have patchs since last year. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 75 of 92