Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community, just joined today. My name is Manvir and was wondering if the marshmallow update is available for my device, i went to software updates, and it says upgrade now, once I click it it says the latest updates are already installed however the version is still 5.0.1, can someone help me out, Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow UPDATE?

Hey everyone,

The Android M update with Wi-Fi Calling & security updates is now available for the S6/S6 Edge!

Thank you so much for your patience Smiley

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, click here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted

Hi and welcome to the community, unfortunately the Android M update has not been released by Fido as yet.

Last we heard is that it is coming in the next few week for the S6 edge. Until then we just have to wait.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted

Alright thanks for the reply!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Were June 14 and it's hasn't come out yet. at this time you guys should literaly know what day it will come out. Seriously this is getting rediculous. Google Nexus have the June update, this new update better come with the latest security update!

And what happen to the 100 of post about angry customer on this forum. Looks like Fido is trying to hide the 1000's of people who are angry about not getting the latest Marshmallow update on the Samsung Galaxy S6.etc

Android      Samsung Galaxy S6     5.1.1 Lollipop      Marshmallow      Coming in June

http://forums.fido.ca/html/assets/OSUpgSchedule.html/

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted

I had thought they had buried those comments also but the customers either added another carriers marshmallow or stop complaining. It is the middle of the month they still say June so I am guessing June 30 and then it will be delayed. I can wait for the software but those security updates are another story. In a few months I am selling this phone and will buyout and I am gone.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted

FIDO don't really care about customer input or the customers feelings any more. I went through the same sort of **bleep** for 9 months over the home phone issues, now this. Every other carrier has implemented the update and we are all months behind on security updates. This is totally unacceptable to me but they don't care and there is nothing we can do about it except not renewing with them. I am not sure they even care about that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 14

I totally agree with you, I will be doing the same.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there Doogie87

We hate that you're feeling this way =(

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 14
Highlighted

Sure, whatever.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 14
Highlighted

I don't hold the mods here to blame not their fault. If the software is not available by end of June I am going to call in and demand to be let out this contract. I keep my part of the agreement I pay my bill. I have my case to state and what I expect in ending it prematurely.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 14