Samsung Galaxy S9 - sending multiple text messages

SOLVED
boki84
I'm a Participant Level 2

I got a new Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 8  and randomly when I send text messages, sometimes it will spin and get stuck in Sending...

and whoever I was texting will say they got the message like 2 or 3 times..  Other times it works fine!

I restarted the phone, I even put my old SIM card in the old phone and at one point I couldn't send any text messages at all. It would simply fail. Yet the signal bars are full. I changed the SIM card... gonna see how it performs.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I've been with Fido for a super long time and never had this problem. Sounds like some kind of intermitent Fido issue. It's as if the phone doesn't get the ACK from the tower that my message was delivered. So it's as if it re-attempts to send it again, thus recipients receiving it multiple times.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 - sending multiple text messages

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 boki84

Since I've put in a new SIM card the issues seem to be gone. Perhaps that's all it was - bad SIM card.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @boki84

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

That's definitely odd. Just to confirm, the issue happened in both phones you tried your SIM in? Were you using the default messaging app? 

Let us know, we'll be happy to help! 

boki84

Yes I was using default msg app.

And yes once I saw issues texting on the new phone. I put the SIM card back in my Samsung Galaxy S6.. and at one point no matter what I would text or who I would text messages would simply say Failed.. Failed.. 

The next day it worked again, in the old phone. So I put it in new phone, and called Fido tech support. She told me to get a new SIM card. I did that tonight, so far no issues. Fingers crossed. 

But there was a couple of times where it was stuck in Sending.. but it cleared up. I'm not sure if recipient got the same msg multiple times. I'll have to follow up and ask.

Dunno... it's super weird yes.

Hey @boki84

That's definitely odd.

Since you changed your sim card, the delay with your text messages should be fixed now.

Keep us updated on what happens with your new sim card.

@Community: Has anyone else had this experience so far?

boki84

Since I've put in a new SIM card the issues seem to be gone. Perhaps that's all it was - bad SIM card.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Thanks for letting us know @boki84 Very_Happy