Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge

SOLVED
illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hey, just wondering but the s7 was announced today (sunday) and released on March 11. Will fido be getting it and if so will we be able to pre-order? At rogers apparently you can pre-order on Feb 23 and you'll get a free samsung vr . Also what will pricing be on certain plans?

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 1 Kasp3r

Redeem code for gear VR - 65$ (Anshars wars 2, Drift, Darknet, Keep talking, Herobound, Star chart)

Just go here: https://pages.samsung.com/galaxyGift?carrier=bestbuy

fill the form... and don't forget to upload a photo (i send my cat) and it work for me.

View solution in context
242 REPLIES 242
yesmanhk
I'm a Participant Level 2

hello all,

does the six (6) game Oculus content bundle only including the games? i mean does is including the VR gear?

please advise.

thank you

@yesmanhk The games are not included with the VR gear and was a promotional offer at launch. 

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

I don't believe so as it needs the phones imei with that form. Unless there's another way. And fido or samsung should honor the deal if you pre-ordered and still haven't gotten your phone on time. It's a waiting game I guess.
illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

It's a new phone with nothing on it. I shouldn't have to restart it with nothing on it.
Kasp3r
I'm a Participant Level 1

Redeem code for gear VR - 65$ (Anshars wars 2, Drift, Darknet, Keep talking, Herobound, Star chart)

fill the form... and don't forget to upload a photo (i send my cat) and it work for me.

serag
I'm Helpful Level 1

@Kasp3r wrote:

I can confirm this works, was able to register and was sent my codes to redeem the above mentioned games.

Thanks Kasp3r

SlavD
I'm a Contributor Level 2

What am I supposed to upload a picture of? It doesn't seem to work unless I upload some file

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@SlavD there doesn't seem to be a specific image that you need to upload. @Kasp3r simply uploaded a pic of his cat and it worked for him. Smiley

SlavD

Awesome, that worked, got a code in the email.

Next stupid question: how to get the Oculus App/Store? In the fine print it says to open Oculus App, go to Oculus Store, create accound and reedeem there. But my S7 did not come with an Oculus app. Nor was I able to find any official "Oculus" anything on the Google Play store.

Will this Oculus App install automatically when I receive the VR headset?

Thank you

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @SlavD,

You will be able to access it once go on the Gear VR home screen. You will then need to point on it and select it. You can find more info on it by clicking here. Hope this helps!

Fido972

What will happen to the people that did no receive their phone yet? They won't be able to get it in time to redeem the games that comes with the oculus ? 

Once the promotion ends, it won't be possible to reclaim the games. Samsung will have more info on that however.

Fido972

Is there any way I can claim the games even though I haven't receive the phone yet ? I'm still position 4 in line for my reserve phone. 

Hey @Fido972,

This promotion was run by Samsung and not Fido, you should get a hold of them to confirm what can be done.

SlavD

Got my Gear VR today, woohoo!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Awesome to hear SlavD. Smiley 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@serag I'm glad it worked!

@Kasp3r Thanks for sharing this info with the Community. Smiley

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

Also is there any one else with the s7 experiencing screen issues such as swiping left or right but the screen up up or down and had their phone froze for like 5-10 mins and the restarts phone completely?

Hey @illusion87, have you tried a factory reset? 

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

I hope you find out this answer soon because I remember reading this offer expires on March 31st 2016.