Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge

Divyesh
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I've an issue with my new samsumg galaxy s7 edge since I bought. I rade some topics on discussion form and it seems like I've the similar problem and I also have perform the same steps. I've to restart the phone to use services i.e. send/receive text or call or to connect internet with full netowrk bars and 4g symbol. Not sure what Fido is doing to resolve but this is frustrating now. It is been a month since I've been facing this issue. Please let me know what are my options?

Thank you

Div

6 REPLIES 6
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Divyesh wrote:

...I've to restart the phone to use services i.e. send/receive text or call or to connect internet with full netowrk bars and 4g symbol....

Hello Divyesh,

Could you please clarify what problem you're having?

If you're concerned about not having full network bars, the strength of your cellular signal depends on a number if factors, including the band/frequency to which your phone connects and your location relative to the cellular towers, to name a few. You can get an idea of where the cellular towers are here.

If you're concerned about the 4G or LTE switching to 3G or 2G when making/receiving calls, that's normal. With the exception of voLTE, voice calls are only connected via the 2G and '3G' networks.

Are your issues the same as the others in this thread? It sounds like they lose the 4G symbol when their problems arise. Is the same thing happening to you?

Have you verified you phone has the correct APN? You can verify the correct settings here. Where did you get your phone -- from Canada or abroad? Have you tried to disable LTE to see if it helps?...

Please provide additional information regarding your issue. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Paprika604
I'm a Contributor Level 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

It's not clear what your problem is are you saying in order to use your phone you have to restart it before you can make calls and send text?

Hey @Divyesh ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Can you give us more details on the issue? When did this start? 

Also, are you using VOLTE? If so , can you try to block the service to see if it improves!

Divyesh
I'm a Participant Level 2

It has been happening since 3 days after my purchase. It's been a month now. Initially I thought it could be glitch and it should be resolved after restart but it seems like I have to restart once a day.
No I didn't start using volate feature yet.

Thanks

Hi @Divyesh,

What exactly happens to your phone that makes you turn it off and on? Does it get stuck, do you lose service?