Samsung Galaxy S7 Nougat update

SOLVED
Eatingtime
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It appears that the Android Nougat update that was expected to be released today by Samsung may have been temporarily halted for the S7 and S7 Edge phones and gone back into Beta testing, according to unofficial sources for now. Hopefully it will be available shortly for release. For more information, search Google for "Samsung Galaxy S7 Nougat"

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Nougat update

Solved by Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Quick update - the Android 7.0 update is available now for the S7 & S7 Edge!

Enjoy Smiley

View solution in context
15 REPLIES 15
ravedave2
I'm Helpful Level 3

so Rogers has it pinned for March 20!

i also messaged Samsung Canada on FB and they said that it will be release before the end of march

good news for us Smiley

Thanks for the information @ravedave2! Smiley

We also updated our OS Upgrade schedule as well. You can click here to view it.

Hey everyone,

Quick update - the Android 7.0 update is available now for the S7 & S7 Edge!

Enjoy Smiley

ravedave2
I'm Helpful Level 3

its out in the UK, firmware is also up on Sammobile.com

c'mon Fido&Samsung push the update for us here in the cold Tongue

Eatingtime

Yup the firmware has been available for a few days, and it isn't fun waiting for our service provider, but it is an issue that the North American providers can take their time testing, making certain that we won't run into any surprise glitches after it has been released to the customers. It's not that much of a surprise especially after Samsung itself seemed to run into a surprise glitch upon the release on the 17th in China and the UK.

I myself have decided to set my phone to download updates automatically and wait for the release of the new firmware by Fido, once the bugs are worked out and they know that it is safe for my phone.
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing @Eatingtime! Smiley

Eatingtime

FidoMaria, I would like to talk to you regarding a topic and I am not sure how to reach you. Can I ask you please to send me an email or let me know how to send you (or a mod) a pm?

Hey @Eatingtime,

Feel free to posts your questions directly here if they are not account related. This way it may benefit other Community users that may have similar questions. 

That being said, let us know if you have any questions specific to your account and we'll send you a PM so we can check it out together! Smiley 

Eatingtime

Hi there thanks for your reply Fido Pierre. Essentially what I was hoping to find out was whether anyone had been addressing the issue I had been bringing up regarding Nougat availability. I was not seeing any articles on the subject, and I had been thinking now that I am starting to feel better after being sick for a few weeks, I might begin addressing the issue here with at least the information I have on the topic, which is not to say that I am able to give an exact date for the availability of Nougat for the Samsung flagship phones any more than I could a few weeks ago, but I have been following the release of the new Android operating system for the S7 as it has become made available in other places, and the announcement of the S8 release, and I can at least share what I know if it is a subject that has not been addressed already

Hello again Eatingtime,

I apologise, I mis-read your post... Sad

@Eatingtime wrote:
...I have been following the release of the new Android operating system for the S7 as it has become made available in other places, and the announcement of the S8 release, and I can at least share what I know if it is a subject that has not been addressed already

Please feel free to share any information you might have. I'm sure other community members would be interested as well. Smiley

Cheers

Hello Eatingtime,

I understand it's a long wait. Unfortunately, Canada tends to be one of the last countries to get Samsung updates. As Zyx noted above, I don't think the Nougat update has been released in Canada. According to this Samsung update page, the most up-to-date OS for the Canadian versions of the S7 and S7 Edge (G930W8 and G935W8, respectively) so far is Marshmallow 6.0.1.

None of the mobile providers will be able to give any sort of timeline for the release of Nougat for the S7 until it is officially released in Canada. Even once it is released in Canada, the mobile providers will likely need to add their own little additions and perform their own tests before it is passed on to the general public. Unfortunately, it could still be a little while...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Ymets2k02

Had a questions since i'll be picking up samsung s8 or s8+ ..... Major updates that come along for samsung are more or less atleast once a year for canada ? Not sure if thats the usual time for android major software updates or not ....   When it comes to security updates , is it atleast once every couple of months or so?

ravedave2
I'm Helpful Level 3

Every couple of months sounds about right

My new LG G6 is sitting on March 1st security patch

My S7 edge is February 1st 

Ymets2k02

Not bad its reasonable atleast , I am sure to iphones so we get major updates once a year and maybe little updates every 3-5 months maybe, that was a reason why i wasnt going with samsung s8 but its fine .   returning my v20 , i'm scared of the bootloop

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@Eatingtime from what I can tell, Samsung has not even released Nougat in Canada. The best I've found is that Rogers has it listed as "coming soon!".