Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Gold Daily Update

rjson86
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi all,

I reserved a S6 gold 32 GB on Apr 18th. My position on the waiting list at that time was around #185 I believe. 

After about a week, my position moved up to #179 due to cancellation. Then after the launch date, I think Fido shipped about 50 - 60 phones across the country plus other cancellations, shifting my position to #98. It has been more than 2 weeks since the launch date, and my position line is currently sitting at #91. Shift in the position was mainly due to cancellation, not shipment of the phones by Fido. 

I'll be posting daily update on my position.

Day 13: #91 (no change for the past 3 days)

63 REPLIES 63

AndyOne
Just for the fun of it I called several fido and none fido stores and all of the have both the s6 and the s6 edge all colors in stock so why our phones has not been shipped yet?????

rjson86

I was really hoping that Fido would ship out a large chunks of the phones after the long weekend, but it seems like I had too much faith in Fido. If I had known it would take this long to get my new phone, I wouldn't have reserved the phone with Fido in the first place. 

Position in line update:

Day 1 since the launch date (Apr 30th): #98

Day 19: #89 

crisssyta
Well... after many phone reservations.... I have learned that fido designates more phones to walk ins than to the reservation system... which is ridiculous. Phone reservations should be satisfied before walk ins.

Phoenician
I'm a Participant Level 3

This is exactly what i told them, am jsut waiting to finish my exams and dedicate myself fully to looking for another provider if i didnt get my phone nby then

Phoenician

I got my phone finally, like the day I finished my exams or so..but boy ooo boy what kind of treatment I got ...

rick_d7
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I can also confirm that wave wireless (which is an authorized fido dealer) also has some in inventory (gold ones too, but only 64gig). virgin has some as well. So my question is how does a store like wave wireless have fido phones in sock while fido can't even get 1?

rjson86

Wait for another response of "We ship them as soon as we receive them" 
UGHHHHHHHHH

What also makes it even worse is that these "paid" Fido employees don't know anything more than their customers about the whereabouts of the future inventories. 

AndyOne
I agree with rjson86, stop repeating same comment over and over. "we ship them as soon as we get them" that's not an answer .
If want to kerp your customers you better start giving out some credits

rick_d7
I can confirm that Telus does have the phones in stock (almost all models) while my local fido (downtown montreal) only received 1 s6 edge since launch and obviously has nothing in inventory

WHYY
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

if thats the case im probably going to make a move there. I called many fido stores here in toronto... nothing. I called fido... couldnt answer any question i was looking for just told me to be patient, well im quickly losing it

really hope i can get it soon my current phone is wrecked

Hi there WHYY, 

we'd really hate to see you go. Please note that the phone you want is in very high demand worldwide; we’re doing all that we can to complete the orders for our customers. We’re dedicating inventory to this system and when new devices become available, we’ll ship them to the stores as quickly as we can.

You can view your status in the reservation list, (based on the number assigned when reservation was placed): 

Open - Phone has been reserved. 
In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed. 
Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store. 
Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled. 

The number assigned for the reservation is based by reservation and SKU (stock-keeping unit) across Canada. 
Example: If an existing customer reserves a phone and is designated number 200, this is position 200 on the waiting list for that specific model & color across Canada, within existing Fido customers only. 

You’ll receive email updates regularly with the status of reservation and your place in line. You can also track your order online. You'll receive a call from the store when your order is ready for pick-up. The phone is held for 7 days from the date it leaves our warehouse (4 days for shipment + 3 days for customer to pick-up). 

In the meantime, if you find the phone you would like in store, feel free to pick it up on the spot & complete the purchase. You can simply cancel your reservation afterwards. 

I hope I was able to shed some light on certain aspects of the reservation.

rjson86

FidoCatherine,

I think most people here know how the reservation system works and that's why nobody asked a question about it. Since position in line has not been moving at all, your inventory must've been ZERO for the past 2 weeks. If you don't have any additional information (e.g. next approximate shipping date of new stocks from Samsung to Fido), don't bother repeating what you said before. So sick and tired of hearing the same responses over and over. 

Phoenician

100% man, I have tried everything so far with Fido, they keep on telling us there is none in stock

rick_d7
Day 373: s7 was launched, still waiting for s6....

rjson86

Another disappointing day of the stagnant reservation queue.

Day 14: #91 (no change for the past 4 business days) 

rjson86

Line in position:

Day 1 since the launch date (Apr 30th): #98

Day 15: #91 (no change for the past 5 business days)

Not a single phone has been for last 2 weeks. 

All you Fido Moderators, listen. 

You get paid for reading our posts and responding to them, right?

If you're aware that people are getting annoyed with the late shipment, the least you could've done is contacting the department that is in charge of allocating inventories and found out what the hell is going on. Stop saying you don't have the information over this issue. There must be, it's either you have it and don't want to release it or you're just being lazy because it's not what you usually do. 

Hi rjson86,

We hear you loud n' clear! 

Like my colleague FidoRachel mentionned, we ship the phones out as soon as we can. The shipping depends on when we receive the inventory from the manufacturer. 

Thanks!

rjson86

FIdoFaiza, 

I talked to Samsung directly just today.

They DO NOT and HAVE NOT HAD any manufacturing problem with galaxy s6. Isn't it funny other carriers have enough stocks but Fido doesn't?

Something is definitely wrong.

rjson86,

I will have to reiterate what we said before: we send the phones out as soon as they become available to us.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks!

rjson86

Let me reiterate what I said before, FidoFaiza

Samsung doesn't have any manufacturing problem and the phone is not backorderd.

The question is "WHY don't you guys have the phones to ship out in the first place???" 

Don't you think it's a little bit ridiculous to ship out only 50-60 phones across the country since the launch date? I know the phones are being shipped out as soon as you have them but I'm frustated that there were only very few phones available to Fido from the beginning. 

Calgaryab

I just got my phone today S6 32 gold