Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Gold Daily Update

rjson86
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi all,

I reserved a S6 gold 32 GB on Apr 18th. My position on the waiting list at that time was around #185 I believe. 

After about a week, my position moved up to #179 due to cancellation. Then after the launch date, I think Fido shipped about 50 - 60 phones across the country plus other cancellations, shifting my position to #98. It has been more than 2 weeks since the launch date, and my position line is currently sitting at #91. Shift in the position was mainly due to cancellation, not shipment of the phones by Fido. 

I'll be posting daily update on my position.

Day 13: #91 (no change for the past 3 days)

63 REPLIES 63

AndyOne
I cancelled my reservation yesterday and picked up one from Fido.ca store. I got sick of waiting knowing that the phone is available at most stores. Guys if you don't care much about the wireless charger just go and pick up from a store

d33
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Is the gold one avaiable in store without reservation? 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi d33!

Some stores may have the phone in stock. I would suggest that you contact your local Fido store before making the trip to find out!

Cheers! Smiley

nomi64
I'm a Contributor Level 1
Your this post proved no one from management reading these post coz I requested management to response my post

FidoCaroline
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi nomi64, 

Thanks for reaching out! As FidoMaria mentioned, we are looking into this. We currently don't have more information.

Let us know if you have other questions, we're here to help! 

FidoCaroline

nomi64

I am part of management team for my company, our executive consider management team failure if we do not have all the information of our operation,

If management doesn’t have all the information to support their customers means they are not doing their job.

rjson86

FidoModerators, we feel your pain. We all know that you guys know nothing more than us. You're paid to reiterate whatever is provided to you by the management team. This is the part where your job really sucks. People at management don't give you much information but you still have to deal with all the criticism from the customers. It's been a month but still not a single word from the management team. I hope many people (existing, new, non-member) read this post so that they have some idea what has been going on. 

Day 1 since the launch date (Apr 30th): #98

Day 26: #86

AndyOne
Only new customers and customers on 3 year agreement are getting their phones right away all others have to wait till maybe the 2nd week of June.
In the main time Fido doing their best to get you the phones as soon as possible and they ship them as soon as they get them (even my phone memories this sentence )

rjson86

Hey guys,

just wanted to give you some update on what's been going on for the past two weeks.

I was out of country from May 28th to June 12th and my status changed from OPEN to IN PROGRESS on the 27th. On June 10th, I got an email saying that my phone had been shipped to the designated store. Right after I landed, I went to the store to pick up my phone. I then found out that FIDO had changed the price of their new smart plans during the two months of waiting period, increasing my monthly fee from $55 to $58. Because it was not my fault that I got my phone now and I was initially offered with the cheaper plan, they should not make me switch to the more expensive plan. However, they did not have the cheaper plan in their system anymore so they tried to convince me to get the $58/month plan. I was so frustrated about how sneaky Fido was and called the customer service. After talking to them for about 1 hour, they offered me $3 credit for the first month and from the second month, it would change to $55/month. 

I'm sure many of you who are waiting for your phones will encounter this nonsense. Talk to the customer service and get what you were initially offered. They have no right to take it away as they advertised it with reserving Galaxy S6. 

Hi Rjson86, 

I simply wished to mention that the cost of any phone you purchase will depend on if you have a Standard, Smart or Max Plan.

The subsidy (credit) applied on the phone (with a 24 month agreement) is directly linked to the monthly plan category; Max plans offer a higher subsidy than Smart plans, and Smart plans allow you to benefit from a higher subsidy than if you had a Standard plan. This said, if for example, you have a Smart Plan and would like a Smart Plan subsidy, you can keep your Smart Plan as is, or change it to any other Smart Plan if you prefer.

I hope this helped clarify Smiley

-FidoCath

AndyOne
Well, the Galaxy s7 is coming in about 10 months we might have a better chance then. I changed my mind about the s6 and I'm going to wait for the s7.
Good luck to all of you. Fido will start shipping your phones in about 2 weeks.

nomi64

I canceled my order too after realizing Fido shipped phone to new customers and didn’t bother to deal with old loyal customers

I turned down my company phone to just keep the same number and service with fido, when I ordered phone I was willing to pay early cancelation fee for my old 3 year contract and also was willing to sign new contract now I will take time to think about it.

rjson86

Day 1 since the launch date (Apr 30th): #98

Day 25: #87

For 25 days, Fido has been working very hard to ship as many phones as possible. As you can see, the result shows. 11 Cancellations and 0 shipped phones. 

Are you guys aware that there are two reservation systems, one for new customers and one for existing customers? I highly doubt the two reservation systems get equal amount of stocks. 

nomi64

I doubt any senior management read, review or take any action on these complain posted in this forum, if really any one from management read these post please respond.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi nomi64.

Rest assured that all comments on this thread are and have been read by management. All feedback is welcomed and encouraged, as it helps us improve our services.

As soon as we have more information regarding the Samsung Galaxy S6, be sure that we will be sharing it with all of you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! Smiley

rjson86

Management people probably talking in their office like 

"Look at these losers still whining about their phones. They're so hopeless. Told them million times we don't have the phones. We are glad our first-line customer service employees are blocking all the complaints pretty well. We did a right thing by not telling these employess about the shipping dates of our next batch. If these dates went public, it would be a disaster. The customers who reserved their phones would cancel their reservations and get their phones somewhere else. Let's stay quiet until we get the leftover phones from Rogers. That will shut these losers up. God, we hate our jobs"

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

This exact same sort of issue took place with the HTC One M8. Trying to get one through fidos online channels was like pulling teeth. Finally resorted to just calling the local store and basically haunting the mall waiting for the UPS delivery of devices to the Fido store then grabbing one. The reservation system obviously doesn't work and why people actually PAY Fido money upfront for a phone that Joe Blow can walk in off the street and get BEFORE the reserver is beyond me.

Mike

AndyOne
Fido's first priority is customers on 3 year agreement , they have to make them upgrade their agreement before June 3rd and thats due to the new wireless code. Once all the people on 3 year upgrade then it's our turn to get our phones So more likely no phones will be shipped for the next 2 weeks.
Anyone still on 3 year agreement just call Fido and you will get any phone you want within few short days.

Hi AndyOne!

I'd like to clarify that phones are shipped out in the order in which they are reserved/ordered. A customer on a 3 year agreement does not have priority over one with a 2 year agreement or one who is on a month-to-month basis.

Cheers!

rjson86

AndyOne, whatever you said makes no sense. People usually decide to get new phones when their plans have expired or about to expire. It shouldn't matter if they were on 2-year or 3-year contract because their contract will be ending soon anyways. 

We can all complain and whine over here but let's not spread wrong information.