Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

SOLVED
dtmapex
I'm a Participant Level 1

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Hi Fido,

Rogers already has the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 up for reservation/pre-order. Will Fido also be getting this phone soon? I am a long time Fido customer and I am ready to lock into another contract. I have been holding out for this particular phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Solved by MVP MVP

Hi @dtmapex You will just have to keep checking the website to know if Fido will have the Note 7. Thats the only way we will know.

View solution in context
19 REPLIES 19
NicolasJ
I'm a Contributor Level 2

If Fido hasn't carried the Note 2, 4, & 5, they will not likely carry the Note 7. The only one they did carry was the Note 3 which is seriously unbelievable. Like some of the other community members are saying "We're better off going to another carrier or buying the phone unlocked" Pretty sad & patietic.....

MoreWubb

It was the Note 4 that Fido carried not the Note 3. This was the reason I skipped over the Note 3 to the Note 4.

Blackmasta
I'm a Participant Level 2

So true!
cliff
I'm Helpful Level 2

I wonder if you order the note 7 directly from samsung if it doesn't have all the bloatware the rogers version has ?

I'm kinda wanting this phone.
Gourik31

Sadly reps don't know much and see what ever their screen shows them, which is nothing.

I'm in the same boat as most of you and most likely will throw out 1200$ or so for Note7.

I have also reserved the Note from Best Buy (for rogers) and from Bell. To keep my options. If on 19th Fido is silent about the note topic, I will make a decision which route to go with. I am def getting the phone.

Jiby

Your answer does not help .. Prople may or may not check fido website but the answer should be yes or no for the meantime.

@Jiby wrote:

Your answer does not help .. Prople may or may not check fido website but the answer should be yes or no for the meantime.

@Blackmasta wrote:
I guess they already know they won't have it. They are acting like that to keep you as a client. That's the way I see it.

Hello Jiby and Blackmasta,

Welcome to the community!

Most Fido personnel (customer service/moderators etc) are not provided with that information. Those who are privy, are not allowed to divulge. It's the same with any of the other mobile companies as well. Unless the information has already been made public, no one will be able to specify either way. 

As of right now, Fido does not carry the Note 7 (obviously because it hasn't been released yet). Do they intend to carry at all? Until it's been made public, you're unfortunately not going to get a definitive answer from anyone. 

Not the answer you're hoping for, but I hope it helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

johnnnnny
I'm a Contributor Level 1

i wouldnt hold my breath. Im pretty sure they wont carry it. I wouldnt wait if I were you.

Blackmasta

I guess they already know they won't have it. They are acting like that to keep you as a client. That's the way I see it.
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @dtmapex You will just have to keep checking the website to know if Fido will have the Note 7. Thats the only way we will know.

Blackmasta

Fido never had a Samsung Galaxy Note in his first appearance. I am in the same situation and I am a Note fan. I have a galaxy note 4. I had to buy it at his full price from rogers to use it with fido. I think I will switch for Rogers.
zeinabanbar

Fido has note 4

@zeinabanbar We no longer carry the Note 4. You can checkout our available phones here.

Cheers! Smiley

jasoncheese

Actually Fido has had a Note 4. Very excited that a previous generation premium phone made it to Fido hardware list. This was around the beginning of 2016 when it was avail for upgrade. It was short lived as I wanted to upgrade to it and checked 2-3mths later finding out it was removed.
cliff
I'm Helpful Level 2

Will the unlocked version sold by samsung use all the Fido netowrk bands?

Copied from Samsung Note 7 website:

Network/Bearer (S/W Enabled)

• 2G GSM

GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900

• 3G UMTS

B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)

• 3G TD-SCDMA

B34(2010), B39(1880)

• 4G FDD LTE

B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B25(1900), B29(700), B30(2300)

• 4G TDD LTE

B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500)

@cliff wrote:

Will the unlocked version sold by samsung use all the Fido netowrk bands?

Copied from Samsung Note 7 website:

Network/Bearer (S/W Enabled)

• 2G GSM

GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900

• 3G UMTS

B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)

• 3G TD-SCDMA

B34(2010), B39(1880)

• 4G FDD LTE

B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B25(1900), B29(700), B30(2300)

• 4G TDD LTE

B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500)

Hello Cliff,

According to those specifications, that version would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G, '3G', and LTE. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello,

For everyone interested in, or awaiting a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, there has been a recall Worldwide due to recent cases of exploding batteries (see here).

Cheers

cliff
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thanks Cawtau

It seems as samsung has put a halt to sales due to the recall.

Hello,

Samsung has halted the manufacture and sales of the Note 7. Samsung Canada says consumers with either an original Galaxy Note 7 or replacement Galaxy Note 7 device should power down and stop using the device. The recalled devices can be returned to retailers in exchange for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge phone, or customers can opt for a full refund (see here).

Cheers