Samsung Galaxy Nexus MMS inconsistant

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Samsung Galaxy Nexus MMS inconsistant

My Galaxy Nexus phone has intermittent problems receiving MMS messages. They often just sit there saying "downloading" but never come in.

I also have to sometimes cancel outgoing MMS messages because they sit there saying "sending' but don't go. When I cancel and try again they go right away. 

I have spoken to Fido who told me to call Samsung who told me to go back to the store, who told me to call Fido! 

Can someone help? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus MMS inconsistent

The trick seems to be to leave the setting to manual download for MMS. I still have to push the download button more than once on most photos coming in, but they do finally arrive. 

Thank you for your help. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I followed all the instructions and created a new APN and followed all your suggestions.

I called Fido customer service earlier and they just told me to restart my phone and take the battery and the SIM card out for a moment. It didn't solve anything.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted

Okay I found a way to recover the pictures that haven't been downloaded: 

Check in your app's settings,

disable auto retrieve (under MMS)

find the picture

Hit download

and there you have it!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted

Well, I had to try hitting the download button 2 times - it timed out the first time - and the picture came in!!! I will see how it goes in the future. Thanks for your post. Let me know if it continues to work for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Solution

The trick seems to be to leave the setting to manual download for MMS. I still have to push the download button more than once on most photos coming in, but they do finally arrive. 

Thank you for your help. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus MMS inconsistant

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to update it since I came across it. Another quick tip to help toward the MMS sending/receiving: disable your Wi-Fi before using MMS. Sometimes the Wi-Fi connection is overlapping our connection and will cause a bug in the MMS application preventing it from working properly. Keep in mind that this can happens even if there is no Wi-Fi network in the area: if Wi-Fi is on, the phone will keep scanning to find a connection so make sure that it is disable.

Hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 15