Samsung Ace II - not always displaying Voicemail notification

DebraLee
I'm a Contributor Level 1

The phone is good, but often the voicemail notification (number of messages in a red circle on the envelope icon) doesn't work. Just now, I missed a call, they left a message and then I was notified I had 2 messages. One of them was from Monday at 11:32 am, 2 days ago, and I accused that person of not calling me. I rely on that notification. I'm not going to call in to VM every five minutes. What or who pushes the notifications through; my phone or Fido?

3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi DebraLee!

The voicemail notification should appear on your phone right when you get a message.  You should also get a text message notification depending on the voicemail type you have. Would you happen to know which one it is?

DebraLee
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello. Yes, I know that I should get the notification as soon as I get the message, and as stated, I usually do. But occasionally I don't ever get the notification, or it shows up hours or days late. I'm not aware of different types of voicemail, so not sure how to answer your question.

Hi again DebraLee, sorry for the late answer!

It shouldn't take hours or days before you get your notification; has it always been like this, or did you notice it recently? Have you already tried restoring your phone? To do so, you'd need to go into Settings > Backup and reset, then tap on Factory data reset, then Reset device.

If you'd like to try this to see if it resolves the notification issue, be sure to backup your data first.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley