Samsung A8 Pricing

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 petemj
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Samsung A8 Pricing

Why is the Samsung A8 refurbished model ($160ish)  more that the Samsung A8 new ($116ish) when purchasing on a 24 month small plan. I would have expected it to be about 1/2 the price.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung A8 Pricing

Hey @petemj and @snorlax141! I hope you guys are doing well. Smiley

In this case, it's not a mistake. We recently dropped the price of the new phone only and we're well aware that the new phone is now lower than the pre-owned one right now on our Small plans. This is usualy done when we have a promotion or we're looking to move our stock.

I hope that answer your question. If you have any more, feel free to post. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Fido Employee snorlax141
Fido Employee

You are right.  They are both 0 dollars on a medium plan but the default for the new one is the XL plan which is 40 dollars more per month than the small plan.  And when you reduce the plan to the small refurbished one is indeed more.  Makes no sense at all.  I think fido has made an error in pricing here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Solution

Hey @petemj and @snorlax141! I hope you guys are doing well. Smiley

In this case, it's not a mistake. We recently dropped the price of the new phone only and we're well aware that the new phone is now lower than the pre-owned one right now on our Small plans. This is usualy done when we have a promotion or we're looking to move our stock.

I hope that answer your question. If you have any more, feel free to post. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3