SMTP Blackberry Z-10

SMTP Blackberry Z-10

SMTP Blackberry Z-10

Russell_71
I'm a Participant Level 2

SMTP Blackberry Z-10

I have a blackberry Z-10 with e-mail service provider mail.start. I receive e-mail no problem, I can send and receive when I am on Wireless, when I put in my rogers account no issues sending and receiving. yet I can not send with mail start as my SMTP

Many people have the same issue on this board a few years back and suggested to use fido SMTP  port 25.

I did this and it sends but every time I get an e-mail back saying it is closed. Is there a newer Fido SMTP

Other mentioned that if your devises are not on the same server ie. there are issues due to trying to reduce spam. I have taken it to mail.start as they are stumpped. I can send and email to them and they receive it but other not on their system no go. Any suggestion are appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Russell_71,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Fido does not have a SMTP server anymore. You should use your email provider's SMTP server anyways. Have you tried the settings here? I know those settings are for the iPhone, but for some reason those instructions are the only ones with the server ports provided.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Russell_71

thanks for your reply. Start has their head office in London Ontario and I stop in there  and their tech staff was stumped.

They tried swapping out Sim Card,Using different ports .They seem to think that fido's server is is not recognizing the email and blocking it. I am trying to figure out where the problem is .when I use my personal email which is through rogers I can send and receive no problem with the phone so that leads me to think it's a communication issue between start and fido

Hey @Russell_71,

As if June 29th 2015, the Fido SMTP Gateway gprs.fido.ca was shut down.

You would have to use your email provider's default outgoing mail server.

Hope this helps Smiley

Russell_71

Well it started working again after  two months being down. weird I would still be interested if other had this issue. This is 100 % speculation but I purchased a travel pack to the US and it stop working shortly after that. The travel pack was for 1 month and was spead over two billing time. When the new billing period started so did my outgoing e-mail.  Anyway thanks to all who responed