S6 Edge Issues

I'm a Participant Level 3 Mm12345
I'm a Participant Level 3

S6 Edge Issues

Hello,

So this past week I've been having problems with my s6 edge.

1) I'm like 1 minute into my call with someone and the call would drop.
2) It usually takes me 2-3 tries before I can dial out.
3) For 2 days, I wasn't able to receive any calls or texts. I called Fido, was told it may be that my SIM was damaged. I went and got a new one but still, at times no calls can go through (texted it with a different phone)
4) LTE rarely works.. Constantly on 4G and I can assure you that before this whole problem, LTE was always working.

I have updated to the latest update.. And honestly, racking my brain due to this phone and Fido.

Help, anyone? Since I called last time and was told they really didn't know what the issue was........

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Re: S6 Edge Issues

@Mm12345 I'll send you a private message so we can take a closer look into this.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 20
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee

I see, have you installed the newest updates? 

More info can be found here: http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/25172

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 johnny_khan99
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I no longer get LTE service and drops to 4G. Even with 4G connection I can't make call outs, get access to the Internet or receive calls. When I do, they last for 2 minutes at most. I really need some. I can't even call fido to troubleshoot!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 20

Hey johnny_khan99!

Is this happening everywhere or only in a specific location? Does the same thing happen when you try your SIM card in another phone?

What version of the software are you running?  

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 leanman
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I just got a S6 Edge+ and the exact same thing is happening.

Have you guys found a fix yet?

Did a factory reset, even called in to have an operator "reset the network" for me with no luck.

I've tried different APN settingsagain without luck... which one do you recommend?

If the problem is specific to Fido unfortunately there would be no choice but to call it quits Sad

The phone was working fine apparently with Videotron before he sold it to me, I've unlocked it successfully to use with Fido.

Please help! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 20
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Good morning @leanman!

Welcome to the Community!

Did you notice that those problem happens when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network?

If yes, could you disable Wi-Fi--->reboot your phone and test it as it for a few hours. 

Let me know if that changed anything. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 leanman
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've tried all that, problem persists.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 20
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Just saw your PM, keep me updated with the results!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 20
I'm a Contributor Level 2 yolo22
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi, I am also having the same issue for the last 4 days on my Galaxy S6.

When I make a call or answer a call I can only hear the first few words that are said and then it goes blank. I cannot hear the person on the other end of the line and they cannot hear me.

I have also noticed that my network is constantly switching from LTE to 4G. It's happening in multiple places for me.

I am also missing calls. The phone doesn't ring, but when I check my phone I see that I have a missed call.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 20

Hey @yolo22

Can you test it out on GSM and see if you get the same issues hearing the other person on the line?

Let us know. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 20