S6 Edge Issues

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 Mm12345
I'm a Participant Level 3

S6 Edge Issues

Hello,

So this past week I've been having problems with my s6 edge.

1) I'm like 1 minute into my call with someone and the call would drop.
2) It usually takes me 2-3 tries before I can dial out.
3) For 2 days, I wasn't able to receive any calls or texts. I called Fido, was told it may be that my SIM was damaged. I went and got a new one but still, at times no calls can go through (texted it with a different phone)
4) LTE rarely works.. Constantly on 4G and I can assure you that before this whole problem, LTE was always working.

I have updated to the latest update.. And honestly, racking my brain due to this phone and Fido.

Help, anyone? Since I called last time and was told they really didn't know what the issue was........

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20

Re: S6 Edge Issues

Hey Mm12345 and welcome to the Community.

Are you having the same issues when your LTE is off?

@1234Com: Anyone with a Samsung Galaxy Edge has suggestions to help witht his?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 20

Hello! Yes, even with my LTE off I'm having the same issues..
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 20
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Did you do any modifications to the phone or is it still stock? Did you try a factory rest to see if it fix the problem?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 20

Zero modifications to it... I'm not tech savvy so modifications of any kind lose me haha..

Honestly, factory reset is the last move I'd like to make.

I've spoken to two other friends on the Fido & Rogers network and I've been told it's a network problem... But seems like other than the two of them and I, no one else is having such a problem..
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 20
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

I would recommend doing the factory reset you can backup the phone using smart switch.

If you know anyone else with a s6 that is not having issues try borrowing it and put your sim in and see if you still experience the same problem. If you don't then it could be hardware problems.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 20

Hmm.. I did a factory reset last night and unfortunately am still experiencing the same problems..

I was told by a friend that works at a mobile shop that Fido / Rogers are upgrading their cell towers..? Can anyone confirm? Seems like only I'm having these issues lol. Might have to leave Fido cause dropped calls and whatnot aren't fun.. Sad
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 20
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go @Mm12345!

Can you let us know if this happens everywhere or only in specific areas? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 20
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee

I just want to verify, if you see '4G' on your phone, it doesn't mean LTE is turned off. 

You need go to Settings -> More Networks -> Mobile networks -> Network Mode , and please change it to "GSM/HSPA auto" instead of "GSM/HSPA/LTE auto" in order to turn off LTE completely. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 20

Hi there @FidoAlyson, it happens pretty much everywhere. I'd have a strong connection to the Internet for like a minute and then it'd die completely.. Then after a bit more, go back to normal. Or if I'm in the middle of a call, a few minutes in and it'd drop. Then I'd have to dial back a few more times before the call connects again... Never used to happen before.

@AdamBeast, yes I know. I went to the Fido store and the lady there had switched my Network mode, but the issues still occurred.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 20
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Mm12345 I'll send you a private message so we can take a closer look into this.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 20
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee

I see, have you installed the newest updates? 

More info can be found here: http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/25172

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 johnny_khan99
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I no longer get LTE service and drops to 4G. Even with 4G connection I can't make call outs, get access to the Internet or receive calls. When I do, they last for 2 minutes at most. I really need some. I can't even call fido to troubleshoot!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 20

Hey johnny_khan99!

Is this happening everywhere or only in a specific location? Does the same thing happen when you try your SIM card in another phone?

What version of the software are you running?  

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 leanman
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I just got a S6 Edge+ and the exact same thing is happening.

Have you guys found a fix yet?

Did a factory reset, even called in to have an operator "reset the network" for me with no luck.

I've tried different APN settingsagain without luck... which one do you recommend?

If the problem is specific to Fido unfortunately there would be no choice but to call it quits Sad

The phone was working fine apparently with Videotron before he sold it to me, I've unlocked it successfully to use with Fido.

Please help! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 20