S4 virus message.

S4 virus message.

S4 virus message.

forthefun
I'm a Participant Level 2

S4 virus message.

S4 keep getting message that the battery is infected by a virus cannot get rid of it, can anyone help. Contacted customer service and they reffered me to Samsung.

Contacted Samsung they had me put the phone in safe mode for 12 hours. Did not work.

Tried Malware scan found nothing. Cleared cache.

It pops up everytime I try to do a Google search

Help please.

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@forthefun wrote:

S4 keep getting message that the battery is infected by a virus cannot get rid of it, can anyone help. Contacted customer service and they reffered me to Samsung.

Contacted Samsung they had me put the phone in safe mode for 12 hours. Did not work.

Tried Malware scan found nothing. Cleared cache.

It pops up everytime I try to do a Google search

Help please.

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Forthefun,

When you first got the message, did they suggest to download something to fix it? Sometimes just clicking OK to dismiss the message actually downloads whatever they wanted you to download. Usually, the best option in those cases is to not click anything and close the browser and the clear your browser's cache.

If deleting your recently downloaded apps does not help, here is something else you might try. You mentioned it only pops up when you do a Google search. Are you doing those searches within a web-browser or via Ok Google? I suggest uninstalling the web-browser or Google and clearing the phone's cache again. Google might be a system app and not be removable, but you should at least be able to uninstall any updates. I would then use an anti-virus app in addition to an anti-malware app to scan the phone again. After which I would restart the phone and try re-installing those apps to see if the message re-appears.

If that process does not help your situation, then your last resort might be to do a factory reset of your device.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey forthefun and thank you for using the Community.

This message might be related to an app that you downloaded recently.

I would try to delete the recent apps that you got, this might fix the issue.

@Community: anyone else received those types of messages on their S4?