Rude and unprofessional store manager

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Rude and unprofessional store manager

Hi, 

Wanted tell you what happened to my new Galaxy s3 and the awful experience in the Coquitlam store.

I bought the phone from Fido store at the Coquitlam centre mall, and from day one the battery was draining in half a day even without any use or data turned on.

Due to a heavy workload I wasn't able to come to the store for 3 weeks, when I did came I was told by the store manager Kenneth the it's perfectly normal for a smart phone !!! He tried to bool**bleep** me and treated me as I was stupid ! He was very disrespectful and rude.

After I was explained that they can't replace the phone I was forced to say goodbye to my new phone for two weeks while it was sent to some laboratory to be checked and fixed.

The story doesn't ends here, They did find a problem and replaced some hardware parts but, when I came to take my phone back I noticed the the entire, GORILLA glass, screen was scratched. 

On that issue I was accused by Ken the store manager as a liar, he told me that I brought him the phone in this condition and it's impossible that it happened during the time that the phone was in their possession. I would like to note that the phone was in a Samsung flip cover from day one and I am a grown up and responsible adult. My previous Galaxy S which I had for 3 years has no scratches at all and it was without screen protector for the entire period.

So now I have a fixed and scratched Galaxy S3 and a very bad experience with Fido.

This is my last contract with them and I will disconnect the entire fammily from Fido.

Feel free to comment and ask questions regarding the case.

I am starting starting legal proceedings so if you have similar experience please feel free to join me.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Re: Rude and unprofessional store manager

Sorry to hear what happened to you, but I won't rule you out of any wrongdoings as well. I'm sure when you sign up for the phone you knew about the 15days/30min no hassle return policy? You gave up this timeframe which is one reason why you are in this situation.

I'm sure what you say about the store manager is true,  but your action right now doesn't seem to be in your best interests. Why would you want this to be your last contract? You now  have a scratched phone and 2 more years (along with your other lines) to content with? If you quit Fido and move to another mobile carrier, whose to say you won't meet another bad store manager and repeat the whole process?

My advise is try to work with Fido, you are still under a 2 year contract right? let Fido help you out. My first step is to call Fido customer support, explain your situation, and see how they can help you. Stay away from storefronts, their job is mainly to get new customers. Asking for help in these forum might help too. I'm sure the Mods here can direct you how to get help better than I can.

I feel sorry for your scratched S3. Its my worst nightmare too since I got the phone. I didn't get the flipcase like you, But I didn't removed that screen sticker for two weeks until my ebay screen protectors arrive.

Tell you what, if you want, PM me your mailing address and I will send an extra S3 screen protectors that I got for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted

As I mentioned before I just didn't had time to go to the store. I had to suffer with the S3 carrying a charger all the time with me.

I did spoke to Fido customer service, the only thing they could do for me is to put a note in my file !? I can't do anything with this note.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emn,

I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation.

I have sent you a private message, which you can find at the top right of this screen (little envelope). I'll be awaiting your reply to my private message.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted

Hi,

I sent you an email a while ago, didn't hear back from you till then.

I said in the email that the battery issue still exists in my phone the guys turned the power saving mode on but it wouldn't hold even a day without charging it.

I think that it's not worth paying for a screen replacement on a phone that is not working properly.

And I am afraid to pay for it and then wait for a reply from you which will never come, as with my recent email.

I would like to have a proper working Galaxy s3 phone like my wife has.

Can you help me with that ?

BR,

Eric.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately I never received an email from you. I have sent you another PM with the email address. Perhaps there was a typo. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 10
Highlighted

FidoStephen Hi,

After waiting for another month with no response from you and a Galaxy s3 that is used as door stoper I am very dissapointed from Fido.

Looking for people that feel the same as I do and have issues with Samsung Galaxy s3.

I am contacting few sources in the Media and have connection to social media experts wich are waiting to hear everyones story regarding Fido and or Galaxy s3.

If you want to participate please use this forum.

Best Regards.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Emn,

Apologies if you already know this, PM messages sent by fido mods can be accessed on the top right corner of the forum board with an envelope icon once you logged in. I'm throwing this in only becuase you haven't made too many post in this forum.

FidoStephen usually are on top of things like this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emn wrote:

FidoStephen Hi,

After waiting for another month with no response from you and a Galaxy s3 that is used as door stoper I am very dissapointed from Fido.

Looking for people that feel the same as I do and have issues with Samsung Galaxy s3.

I am contacting few sources in the Media and have connection to social media experts wich are waiting to hear everyones story regarding Fido and or Galaxy s3.

If you want to participate please use this forum.

Best Regards.

Hi Emn,

I'm very sorry, but once again, we have not received any emails from you. Which email address did you use?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted

I used the email address that was provided by you ! Copy/Pasted it onto the my email so no mistakes there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 10