Rogers? Same company as fido

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Rogers? Same company as fido

Everyone would like to own the nexus 6p or the nexus 5x. We already know that Rogers already owns the nexus 6p. but what I don't understand is that Rogers and fido are the same company! So how come Rogers received the nexus 6p and not fido. I don't like the fact that fido doesn't have many phone options and it is upsetting. I might consider going to another carrier to one that has many different options.

Accepted Solution

Re: Rogers? Same company as fido

Hey annec123!

Rogers is our parent company but we are two different providers with different services to offer Smiley 

We'd hate to see you go but at the moment, we don't have any news about carrying the Nexus 6p or the 5x so we can't comment on that. If we end up carrying it though, it'll be announced on Fido.ca so keep an eye out! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey annec123!

Rogers is our parent company but we are two different providers with different services to offer Smiley 

We'd hate to see you go but at the moment, we don't have any news about carrying the Nexus 6p or the 5x so we can't comment on that. If we end up carrying it though, it'll be announced on Fido.ca so keep an eye out! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I agree with OP.... Fido has a pretty lousy selection of handsets compared to your direct competitors Koodo and Virgin.  With the exception of the the latest iPhones and Samsungs, it feels like Roger's yard sale!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

it honestly feels that way. its like rogers spare stuff. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

they should just call it a 'new to you' phone, since i hardly think an LG G3 is a new phone.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5