Roaming notification email

RafaelAquino
I'm a Participant Level 2

I received an e-mail from Fido about roaming notification, saying that " one or more users from your account recently registered on a roaming network", highlighting that roaming fares are applicable. The thing is, I am the only user of the in question number and I haven't gone anywhere outside my registered location (New Westminster/Metro Vancouver), so I'de like to know what this is about.

5 REPLIES 5
FidoJulien

Hey @RafaelAquino

Welcome to the community Smiley

Did you verify the date in the email?  It is possible it was sent for a day when you would have traveled close to the US border and where your phone might have picked up the US network.

If that's not the case, you can contact us using any of the options you'll find here so we can take a look at what's going on.  Alternatively, we can send you a PM here.

Keep us posted!

RafaelAquino
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi @FidoJulien, thanks for your reply.

Well no, I have not gone nearby the US border since I have this number. In fact, I have never been there. I am living in New West and the further I went was Downtown Vancouver, therefore I am being wrongly notified, for sure.

I would be glad if you could help me through PM here.

Hey @RafaelAquino

That's odd.  I'll be sending a PM your way so we can take a look at this.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Henry47
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have received the exact same message today. I live in the Vancouver area and did definitely not go near the US border.

Hey @Henry47

I will be happy to look into this with you. I'll send you a PM in just a moment. 

Chat soon!