Roaming needed to connect to EXT?

SOLVED
akshay21
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently asked Fido to disable international data roaming on my line. What I wanted to know was does this affect my use of the extended network in Canada?

I'm talking about the EXT that I've seen my phone connect to in areas where Fido doesn't have coverage. Now that I have blocked data roaming, does this mean that even within Canada I won't be able to use data on the EXT network?

My email confirmation from Fido says "All roaming related usage outside of the Fido Network will be blocked."

Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming needed to connect to EXT?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @akshay21! Smiley

We actually have 2 blocks for roaming. The first one blocks all  U.S. and international roaming but still give you access to our Extended network. The 2nd one blocks everything including the Extended network. As long you specified which one you wanted, we would have added the correct one for you. Smiley

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@akshay21 It should not affect the Fido extended network because the way its setup your phone will see it as the Fido network and not a foreign network. 

Welcome to the community @akshay21! Smiley

We actually have 2 blocks for roaming. The first one blocks all  U.S. and international roaming but still give you access to our Extended network. The 2nd one blocks everything including the Extended network. As long you specified which one you wanted, we would have added the correct one for you. Smiley

elmoboy
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Is there any fee to blocks all  U.S. and international data roaming? And Text and Voice still works, right?

How should I do that? Through online account or must have to call?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @elmoboy!

We don't have a roaming block for data only. However you can disable the data roaming directly from your phone. 

Look under your network settings and you can disable the feature that allows the data roaming. 

Hope this helps!