Roaming // Enroll in FidoRoam

SOLVED
User123451
I'm a Participant Level 1

hi
I need help to enroll with the fide roaming paying 5 dollars everyday can you set my account for it am a out travelling in usa

***Edited to add Labels***

***Edited Title***

Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming// FidoRoam

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@613262821 wrote:
hi
I need help to enroll with the fide roaming paying 5 dollars everyday can you set my account for it am a out travelling in usa

Hello 613262821,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? Is your plan eligible for Fido Roam? That is, do you have a Pulse Plan? If your plan is eligible for Fido Roam, there is nothing to set up on your account for you to use the service. Once you are in the US, you will need to enable roaming and/or roaming data on your phone. You can then use your phone as normal. Using your phone (talk, text, or data) outside of Canada will automatically trigger the Fido Roam charge.

On the other hand, if your plan does not include Fido Roam (ie not a Pulse Plan), you will need to purchase a travel pack or roam on a pay-per-use basis.

If you're not sure if you have Fido Roam, you can text ROAM to 222 to find out. However, if you're already out of the country, I'm not sure if you'll get charged roaming for that text.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@613262821 wrote:
hi

Hello 613262821,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? Is your plan eligible for Fido Roam? That is, do you have a Pulse Plan? If your plan is eligible for Fido Roam, there is nothing to set up on your account for you to use the service. Once you are in the US, you will need to enable roaming and/or roaming data on your phone. You can then use your phone as normal. Using your phone (talk, text, or data) outside of Canada will automatically trigger the Fido Roam charge.

On the other hand, if your plan does not include Fido Roam (ie not a Pulse Plan), you will need to purchase a travel pack or roam on a pay-per-use basis.

If you're not sure if you have Fido Roam, you can text ROAM to 222 to find out. However, if you're already out of the country, I'm not sure if you'll get charged roaming for that text.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers