SOLVED
donwithmrd
I'm a Participant Level 1

Roam Mobility

Unlock my 5s so I can use a foreign use SIM, please and thank you. Don

Accepted Solution

Re: Roam Mobility

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi donwithmrd & welcome to the Community!

I can definitely help you out with that. Smiley Here's what you should know about unlocking your phone:

In order to be eligible for the unlocking service:  

- You must have an active account in good standing (exception: cancelled accounts with cancellation fees paid and/or waived and the unlocking fee already applied);

- Your device must be registered in your Fido account;

- If you have a Fido agreement, you may have your phone unlocked as long as it has been 

registered to your account for 90 days;

- Devices purchased at full price can be unlocked immediately or any time thereafter.  

Please note that unlocking a device may change the features on phone/device and affect its performance on the Fido network:  

- Performance may be affected and some settings may not work when using an unlocked device on another carrier's network, as devices are optimized for use on the Fido network;

- Manufacturers' warranties are not impacted. However, if a device is serviced under warranty, it is likely that the device will be returned to its locked state. You will not be charged the unlocking fee again to unlock the device.  

Finally, to unlock your phone, we'll need the IMEI, which you can get by dialing *#06# on your phone, and a $50 fee is applicable. I'll go ahead and send you a PM to get started.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi donwithmrd & welcome to the Community!

I can definitely help you out with that. Smiley Here's what you should know about unlocking your phone:

In order to be eligible for the unlocking service:  

- You must have an active account in good standing (exception: cancelled accounts with cancellation fees paid and/or waived and the unlocking fee already applied);

- Your device must be registered in your Fido account;

- If you have a Fido agreement, you may have your phone unlocked as long as it has been 

registered to your account for 90 days;

- Devices purchased at full price can be unlocked immediately or any time thereafter.  

Please note that unlocking a device may change the features on phone/device and affect its performance on the Fido network:  

- Performance may be affected and some settings may not work when using an unlocked device on another carrier's network, as devices are optimized for use on the Fido network;

- Manufacturers' warranties are not impacted. However, if a device is serviced under warranty, it is likely that the device will be returned to its locked state. You will not be charged the unlocking fee again to unlock the device.  

Finally, to unlock your phone, we'll need the IMEI, which you can get by dialing *#06# on your phone, and a $50 fee is applicable. I'll go ahead and send you a PM to get started.

Talk to you soon! Smiley