Roam Like Home Price Increase?

SOLVED
rttyio
I'm a Participant Level 1

Reviewing my plan online recently I noticed the standard ad for RLH, but now it says from $6/day. I am 99% sure it was $5/day when I signed up, which was not too long ago. I could dig through my past bills to confirm, but do not think that my memory is wrong on this. 

To my knowledge there have been no notices or advisements of the change in rate, or justification for it. 

Does anyone know more about this, and why it went up?

Accepted Solution

Re: Roam Like Home Price Increase?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @rttyio ,

The rate did increase to $6 as of August 22 2017! 

We regularly review the fees for our wireless services. This increase helps us to balance the increased costs associated with offering the service. We’ve sent the updated SMS to all customers who were already travelling in the U.S. before August 22. We’ve also updated our Welcome SMS to reflect the new price for customers that arrive in the U.S. starting August 22.

Hope this answers your question! 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @rttyio ,

The rate did increase to $6 as of August 22 2017! 

We regularly review the fees for our wireless services. This increase helps us to balance the increased costs associated with offering the service. We’ve sent the updated SMS to all customers who were already travelling in the U.S. before August 22. We’ve also updated our Welcome SMS to reflect the new price for customers that arrive in the U.S. starting August 22.

Hope this answers your question!