Ridiculous data overage charges

I'm a Participant Level 2 Bbb111
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ridiculous data overage charges

My phone bill has 400$ of overage charges but i was never offered any data top ups to avoid those kinds of charges. I tried to speak to an agent regarding the charges but was not offered any support and they had no interest in helping solve this issue. I even have the 5 hours of unlimited data on my plan but didn't have a chance to apply it...  that could cover my data overage and beyond. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Ridiculous data overage charges

Hey there @Bbb111

We'll be happy to look into it together. We've already replied to your other post and also sent you a PM.

Generally speaking, you should receive notifications when reaching 90% and 100% usage. Once your data bucket is exceeded, data top-ups cannot be added anymore. One of the reason being that you can add them anytime during your billing cycle when you see your usage is almost depleted on the Fido mobile app. you can find more info here.

Keep in mind that we abide with the current regulations and also cap your overage fees at $50. By doing so we also block your data usage. You would be able to resume your usage and continue being billed only by acknowledging and accepting that message.

Hope this clarifies! Send us a reply by PM so we can review your billing Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Ridiculous data overage charges

Hey there @Bbb111

We'll be happy to look into it together. We've already replied to your other post and also sent you a PM.

Generally speaking, you should receive notifications when reaching 90% and 100% usage. Once your data bucket is exceeded, data top-ups cannot be added anymore. One of the reason being that you can add them anytime during your billing cycle when you see your usage is almost depleted on the Fido mobile app. you can find more info here.

Keep in mind that we abide with the current regulations and also cap your overage fees at $50. By doing so we also block your data usage. You would be able to resume your usage and continue being billed only by acknowledging and accepting that message.

Hope this clarifies! Send us a reply by PM so we can review your billing Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2