Retention

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Telus
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Retention

Does Fido still have retention dept to take care long time customer?

For the past few years, I have had trouble getting the services I needed when it comes to plan pricing.

It has been very competitive in the last few years, whenever one company gets a new lower price plan, others will always followed.

Last year, when I called Fido retention, asked if they will match a Wind Mobile plan, the anser is no because its competitor is Koodo and Virgin Mobile, Wind Mobile doesn't have good coverage.

In just 6 month from my last call, Koodo just rolled out a new promotional plan which Fido and Virgin Mobile also rolled out, all other carriers included voice mail but Fido doesn't because the customer service I talked to said the Spotify premium is included.  

I told them there is apps that can do the same for free and I don't need spotify at all, but was told SOL, it's not an option,  So it's either get it or don't.

And I also got another lower usage phone, and asked about other retention plan to match, similar to Koodo, now the customer service said, Koodo is not their competitor, so can't match????

I was like, you guys said differently before, but the CS said, it was before, it's now, and they don't match??

I was really choked at the anser and simply hung up,  

Accepted Solution

Re: Retention

Hi Telus,

we do have a customer relations department taking care of looking into available promotions for long times customers. We certainly don't want our customers to feel like hanging up during a call with the customer service.

I would like to look at your options. I'm contacting you now by Private Message so that we can verify your account together Smiley

- Kenny

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

@UnhappyMA 

I get that, and appreciate the opportunity to look into that together. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 61
MVP
MVP

@UnhappyMA wrote:

... I have been offered a great deal from a different (new) provider which is less per month than what I am currently paying. ..

Hello UnhappyMA,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm curious which provider you're referring to. I wasn't aware of any new providers entering the scene...

Just a word of caution when considering some of the other companies. Make sure you know what services and what level of service those companies offer. Their plans can be cheaper because they provide lesser services (unlimited doesn't necessarily mean more). Those services they do provide might suit some people's needs and priorities, but they might not suit everybody.

Only you can decide if that other provider offers similar value to you for what you're currently receiving. You note they offer a plan which is less per month. Value isn't just how much you pay; it's what you receive for how much you pay. Sometimes you're just not paying for what you're not receiving. All I'm saying is consider the potential limitations.

**Some parts of this post were cut & pasted from here.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 aanada
I'm a Participant Level 2

Retention

I'm reading all the post for Loyalty and Retention plan.   Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed with Fido.  It seems there is no other way to get a better deal since they want to get rid of the accounts that are grandfathered.  It seems their goal now is not to retain customer but to get rid of them.  All I wanted is to get a phone plan that will give me a caller-id and Canada wide long distance but it seems I cannot get it cheaper than what I have right now.  So, sad that after more than 10years I am now looking to other providers that will give a better deal.

***edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 61
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @aanada

We're always working on offering you the best options Smiley and if you ask me, I think our deals are pretty sweet! Of course it all depends on what you're looking for.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 aanada

The value plan is too expensive when all I want is call display and the canada wide long distance. And im confused since if im just looking on the plan the canada wide is included but on the billing its not part of the standard plan
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 61
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @aanada!

I wish we could offer you those options separetely, but it would probably cost more than what you are currently paying.

A grandfatered plan is usually less expensive than what we offer today (that's why you keep it right?).

You have that privilege of keeping a plan that is not part of our updated pricing. The changes we can do to those type of plans are really limited. 

Regarding the canada wide feature, I'm not sure to understand what you mean on your second sentence, could you clarify?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 jimmyzyz

I’ve been using Fido for over 10 years ever since my first cell phone (the first 5 under my mom’s name) so I consider myself a pretty loyal customer, but I am totally frustrated with this company.

The latest of which is the fact that I just checked into my account to find that the Fido Dollars program is gone and I’ve just lost nearly $400 worth of Fido dollars I’ve collected over the past few years.

I received lots of notifications via text from Fido about my internet usage and roaming promos but absolutely nothing regarding to the July 6th deadline to redeem them. Of course from a business standpoint it makes total sense since redeeming those takes away from revenues.

Looking at my $80 “Loyalty” plan with only 4GB of data and comparing it to other carriers with half the price and unlimited data, with the same features and benefits, and now 0 reward dollars, I’m not sure why I still use Fido.

After speaking with a rep for an hour the answer is basically a concrete "No, all those fido dollars are gone, sorry too bad, you can switch to another carrier if you like but we're not going to spend any effort trying to keep you as a customer. The plan you have is already the best we can offer and it's too bad you don't use Spotify or Vice since that's all anyone will get now."

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 61

Hey @jimmyzyz and thanks for reaching out.

We would hate to see you go. I just want to make sure we went over all your options.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 jimmyzyz

Well, I appreciate your time but it seems that there's nothing in store from Fido for me.

I'll be making a switch.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 61
MVP
MVP

@jimmyzyz wrote:

... comparing it to other carriers with half the price and unlimited data, with the same features and benefits...

Hello Jimmyzyz,

Welcome to the community!

You might want to verify the information. Most of those unlimited data plans are only offered on '3G' networks. Even if their parent company offers LTE, the unlimited plans usually do not have access to that network. Sometimes the same features and benefits are not actually the same. Additionally, you might consider reading any fine print. Many of the unlimited data plans throttle down speeds after a certain limit has been reached. 

Perhaps you are not interested in LTE or you don't mind throttled speeds. Just don't get blinded because of unlimited data. Do your research. Only you can decide whether those plans suit your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 boop1

how can i contact customer relations?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 61
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @boop1! Smiley

You can contact our customer service by dialing 611 directly from your phone.  You can also contact us via Facebook or Twitter or we can help out here! Let us know if you need anything.

Click here for our contact us section on our website.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 61
I'm a Contributor Level 2 andyalex
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I am trying to get ahold of a customer rep using the live chat but all I get is the spinner on the browser, I don't know if it is even connecting.  I am currently on a grandfathered plan with $40 (450Mins/Unltd Text/600MB).  I am looking for a minimum 1GB of data but all I see on the website is the $50 dollar plan which is more than what I am currently paying.  Would someone be able to assist me?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 61
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @andyalex! Have you tried using a different browser? If it doesn't fix the issue, let us know so we can send you a PM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 59 of 61
I'm a Contributor Level 2 andyalex
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Can you please send me a PM, i'm not really sure what's wrong, tried 3 different browsers and PCs and I still cannot connect to using livechat

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 60 of 61