Retention

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Telus
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Retention

Does Fido still have retention dept to take care long time customer?

For the past few years, I have had trouble getting the services I needed when it comes to plan pricing.

It has been very competitive in the last few years, whenever one company gets a new lower price plan, others will always followed.

Last year, when I called Fido retention, asked if they will match a Wind Mobile plan, the anser is no because its competitor is Koodo and Virgin Mobile, Wind Mobile doesn't have good coverage.

In just 6 month from my last call, Koodo just rolled out a new promotional plan which Fido and Virgin Mobile also rolled out, all other carriers included voice mail but Fido doesn't because the customer service I talked to said the Spotify premium is included.  

I told them there is apps that can do the same for free and I don't need spotify at all, but was told SOL, it's not an option,  So it's either get it or don't.

And I also got another lower usage phone, and asked about other retention plan to match, similar to Koodo, now the customer service said, Koodo is not their competitor, so can't match????

I was like, you guys said differently before, but the CS said, it was before, it's now, and they don't match??

I was really choked at the anser and simply hung up,  

Accepted Solution

Re: Retention

Hi Telus,

we do have a customer relations department taking care of looking into available promotions for long times customers. We certainly don't want our customers to feel like hanging up during a call with the customer service.

I would like to look at your options. I'm contacting you now by Private Message so that we can verify your account together Smiley

- Kenny

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 1 fanny_kuo
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello Fido,

As much as I would like to stay with you guys, I find it very frustrating that every two years when my contract expires I gotta call in multiple times just to get better plans. You guys do have the best customer service. I called many times and all the agents were friendly and polite but it's just too much hassle to go through. I have three to four months left on my current 2 year contract, would like to buy out my contract now and jump onto the $45 dollar BYOD loyalty plan which alot of my friends already have and kept telling me to get. Any help I can get from here instead of keep calling you guys on the phone and hoping one of the agents will give me the plan I want.  Sad 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 61

Hey fanny_kuo , 

Thanks for reaching out, love the avatar btw! 

I'll go ahead and send you a PM to help out, I know the feeling of not wanting to call customer service, you just need to find the channel that best suits you Smiley We do however have the same offers. 

Did you know we also offer customer service on Facebook and Twitter? Try it out some time Smiley .

We'll talk soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 UnhappyMA
I'm a Participant Level 2

Retention

Does Fido care about keeping long-term customers any more?

After being with Fido for over 15 years, it seems Fido no longer cares about customers. As someone who wants to upgrade their phone, I am being offered a plan that is a lot worse than mine and no discount on my phone.

I asked to speak with customer retention and the representative told me she is customer retention "right now". What does that even mean? Is she playing the role for the day?

I was offered the exact same thing as is listed online for people who just walk off the street! Ridiculous!! Basically told that it's too bad but there is nothing more that can be done.

Fido used to care and used to provide good deals. Looks like I will have to make the switch as I am being offered a much better plan elsewhere.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 61
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @UnhappyMA!

Welcome to the Community!

We care about all our customers and we definitely appreciate your loyalty!

I'd be happy to take a look at your accout to see what we can offer you to keep you with us (and change that nickname at the same time) Wink

Just so we are on the same realistic page, I have to let you know that if you are looking for an high-end phone and the best price possible, you'll have to go with a Max plan.

If you are open to pay a little more for the phone but pay less every month then I can definitely help with that!

What do you think?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 UnhappyMA

Hi @FidoManuel,

Thank you for your response. I have been offered a great deal from a different (new) provider which is less per month than what I am currently paying. I called Fido to offer you the opportunity to keep a loyal customer who has been with you for over 15 years. Fido has always treated me well and I was hoping to once again get that great service that I am so used to. I am hoping you can help. However, I do not want to pay a crazy amount for a phone which will be $0 in the next 6 months.

I look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks so much! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 61
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

@UnhappyMA 

I get that, and appreciate the opportunity to look into that together. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 61
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@UnhappyMA wrote:

... I have been offered a great deal from a different (new) provider which is less per month than what I am currently paying. ..

Hello UnhappyMA,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm curious which provider you're referring to. I wasn't aware of any new providers entering the scene...

Just a word of caution when considering some of the other companies. Make sure you know what services and what level of service those companies offer. Their plans can be cheaper because they provide lesser services (unlimited doesn't necessarily mean more). Those services they do provide might suit some people's needs and priorities, but they might not suit everybody.

Only you can decide if that other provider offers similar value to you for what you're currently receiving. You note they offer a plan which is less per month. Value isn't just how much you pay; it's what you receive for how much you pay. Sometimes you're just not paying for what you're not receiving. All I'm saying is consider the potential limitations.

**Some parts of this post were cut & pasted from here.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 aanada

Retention

I'm reading all the post for Loyalty and Retention plan.   Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed with Fido.  It seems there is no other way to get a better deal since they want to get rid of the accounts that are grandfathered.  It seems their goal now is not to retain customer but to get rid of them.  All I wanted is to get a phone plan that will give me a caller-id and Canada wide long distance but it seems I cannot get it cheaper than what I have right now.  So, sad that after more than 10years I am now looking to other providers that will give a better deal.

***edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 61

Hey @aanada

We're always working on offering you the best options Smiley and if you ask me, I think our deals are pretty sweet! Of course it all depends on what you're looking for.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 2 aanada

The value plan is too expensive when all I want is call display and the canada wide long distance. And im confused since if im just looking on the plan the canada wide is included but on the billing its not part of the standard plan
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 61