Retention

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Telus
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Retention

Does Fido still have retention dept to take care long time customer?

For the past few years, I have had trouble getting the services I needed when it comes to plan pricing.

It has been very competitive in the last few years, whenever one company gets a new lower price plan, others will always followed.

Last year, when I called Fido retention, asked if they will match a Wind Mobile plan, the anser is no because its competitor is Koodo and Virgin Mobile, Wind Mobile doesn't have good coverage.

In just 6 month from my last call, Koodo just rolled out a new promotional plan which Fido and Virgin Mobile also rolled out, all other carriers included voice mail but Fido doesn't because the customer service I talked to said the Spotify premium is included.  

I told them there is apps that can do the same for free and I don't need spotify at all, but was told SOL, it's not an option,  So it's either get it or don't.

And I also got another lower usage phone, and asked about other retention plan to match, similar to Koodo, now the customer service said, Koodo is not their competitor, so can't match????

I was like, you guys said differently before, but the CS said, it was before, it's now, and they don't match??

I was really choked at the anser and simply hung up,  

Accepted Solution

Re: Retention

Hi Telus,

we do have a customer relations department taking care of looking into available promotions for long times customers. We certainly don't want our customers to feel like hanging up during a call with the customer service.

I would like to look at your options. I'm contacting you now by Private Message so that we can verify your account together Smiley

- Kenny

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61

I did the authentication again today, and I also PM the person who sent me the original message back on May 9 to confirm, but not heard anythng.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 61

Hello Telus Smiley

We received your authentication form today. I will contact you now by PM so that we can verify your options together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 61

Honestly, I am not sure how much value spotify adds to my service, there are free apps that does the same job, if not better.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 1 Zhiwei
I'm a Participant Level 1

It is so frustrating talking to fido customer service now. I called to see if I am able to get a better plan since I only have 1GB of data in my plan and I keep exceeding it. They tried to offer me another plan saying it's better because I will be able to get 3 GB of data but I have to pay basically 20 dollars more after their 6 months of 5 dollars credit end( which is still not helping). And they tried to tell me that my plan is a very good plan which is a plan shown on the website where every new customer can get. I saw on the other forums that a lot of people are getting a great deal with a cheaper price that they are offering. I don't get after almost 10 years of usage with Fido, I am still getting the same plan where every new customer can get. The option that loyalty department girl was offering me does not make sense at all. Why would I call retention department and wasted 30 minutes talking to them to pay almost 20 dollars extra for more data which is something that Fido will charge me automatically if I exceed my limit? And the girl was like that's all I can do for you, you can either take it or stay with your plan. I just don't understand why I should stay with that company after almost 10 years. I am now looking for other companies options right now to see if i can get a better deal than this. I am very frustrated and I don't think fido should treat loyal customer this way.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 61
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi Zhiwei!

Welcome to the community! 

We'd hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options together! Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 3 Gale
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm in the process of potentially renewing both my wife's line and my own. In the discussion I had with 3 different fido reps, I was lead to believe that the incentives would keep me with fido. Not to mention the information they provided individually was also different, it made it confusing to make a decision. I have now entertained offers from different competitors.
Also, I tried to convince my father to leave Telus and move over to Fido and also was quoted better prices but when he actually agreed, and I addressed this with the rep, to match or improve, they said there was nothing they could do.
That's a great experience isn't it?
I wasted too much time.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 3 Gale

Ps
I have been with Fido for about 13 years and my wife for 15.
We were there when they were drowning and needed customers to stay. They eventually were taken under Rogers umbrella but we didn't leave.
As a "loyalty" offer for a renewal contract, they will cerdit each account for 25$ and waive the 25 admin fee.
That's a nice slap in the face after 15$. I can see how important I am to Fido.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 61
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey Gale!

Thanks for your loyalty to Fido! We appreciate that a lot, we make our best to give you the best offer possible, however, keep in mind that we can't offer you something that we don't have.

I'll take a look at your account and see what can be done with your renewals.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

-FidoManuel

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 3 Moserg

Hello everyone.

Looks like we are all in the same boat and we are screwed…
Even CRTC can’t put leash on the BIG THREE.
Me and my wife were with Rogers for 10 years and with FIDO more then 2.
All these small cell company have been created to add some competition – and what we are seeing now – all of them own by big three.
I tried to get some more data and whatever I was offered only published price which I can get anyway. What is a joke…
And “Retention” agent said I can go to Rogers or Mobilicity (which I have mentioned with better plans to offer) they don’t care – all money will be ending up in very same “pocket”.
What is the joke this competition….
I’ll definitely will go anywhere from Rogers owned…. Even without price advantages.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 61
MVP
MVP

@Moserg wrote:

... Mobilicity (which I have mentioned with better plans to offer)...

Hello Moserg,

Welcome to the forums!

I trust you are aware that Mobilicity's plans might only seem better. While they have recently migrated to the Rogers network, there are some important considerations to note.

For the moment, their service will only be provided on the '3G' network as there are no current plans to offer LTE to Mobilicity customers. It is also worth noting that they are still subject to Mobilicity’s fair use policies, meaning that the carrier holds the right to reduce bandwith to its customers for “excess usage.” 

In addition, Rogers also confirmed that it will be maintaining Mobilicity’s current Home and Away zones, meaning that despite having access to a national network, customers will still be limited to the five current markets: Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. Outside of those areas, will be considered roaming.

Of course, their service might suit some people. However, sometimes you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 61