Retention

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Telus
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Retention

Does Fido still have retention dept to take care long time customer?

For the past few years, I have had trouble getting the services I needed when it comes to plan pricing.

It has been very competitive in the last few years, whenever one company gets a new lower price plan, others will always followed.

Last year, when I called Fido retention, asked if they will match a Wind Mobile plan, the anser is no because its competitor is Koodo and Virgin Mobile, Wind Mobile doesn't have good coverage.

In just 6 month from my last call, Koodo just rolled out a new promotional plan which Fido and Virgin Mobile also rolled out, all other carriers included voice mail but Fido doesn't because the customer service I talked to said the Spotify premium is included.  

I told them there is apps that can do the same for free and I don't need spotify at all, but was told SOL, it's not an option,  So it's either get it or don't.

And I also got another lower usage phone, and asked about other retention plan to match, similar to Koodo, now the customer service said, Koodo is not their competitor, so can't match????

I was like, you guys said differently before, but the CS said, it was before, it's now, and they don't match??

I was really choked at the anser and simply hung up,  

Accepted Solution

Re: Retention

Hi Telus,

we do have a customer relations department taking care of looking into available promotions for long times customers. We certainly don't want our customers to feel like hanging up during a call with the customer service.

I would like to look at your options. I'm contacting you now by Private Message so that we can verify your account together Smiley

- Kenny

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
Solution

Hi Telus,

we do have a customer relations department taking care of looking into available promotions for long times customers. We certainly don't want our customers to feel like hanging up during a call with the customer service.

I would like to look at your options. I'm contacting you now by Private Message so that we can verify your account together Smiley

- Kenny

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 61

While I am still waiting for someone to contact me, after a private message 2 weeks ago, funny how the Fido Clerk that I spoke with, saying Fido doesn't match with Koodo, but once Koodo listed an expiry date of May 31 of their promotion plan, Fido almost immediately listed the same date as well.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 61
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Good morning Telus Smiley 

An email should've been sent over after the authentication form was sent by PM. Did you double-check your junk folder to see if that's where it went?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 61
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ToloCDN
I'm a Contributor Level 2

While I realize Rogers wants to get use of their exclusive deal with the vendor and has numbers to meet, not all of us have any use for addons at a premium. Having dealt with various first level and retention agents over the last week, there doesn't seem to be much incentive/savings from present BYOP plans from over a year ago! Voicemail and call forwarding should be basics offered in all occasions.  Add-on features should be swapable for added discounts or other features- in this case Spotify/Vice for Voicemail.  

You need to get real people in your marketing department. Seriously, Canadian consumers (and for the most part, non-smb / non-sales folk) are looking for DATA, VOICEMAIL, ROAMING - not subscriptions to already available free like apps, voice(talk time) - last thing I need is a phone ringing to interrupt me and my limited free time, so many free digital networks are out there (wifi everywhere and they don't charge regardless of where the packet goes).

Once companies finally realize that consumers have access to all competitor offers within seconds, thanks to the internet and Canadian trends for YEARS have been more data less voice (which by the way use the same data stream since voice has become all digital.....) then maybe said companies will realize MORE customers.  Things will be getting more interesting as deals WILL HAVE TO "heat up" as the June deadline for long term contracts (3 years on) comes up....

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes as it seems that there is no "ancient" feature for even spellcheck in comment boxes in here. If this feels like a rant - I appolgize too - just tired of companies treating customers as all being ignorant...especially since I've been in the cell/network/Tech biz for longer than most of your reps have been alive :smileywink: )

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 61
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us ToloCDN!

Keep in mind that our services are constantly being evaluated on an ongoing basis. The voicemail had been removed from the plans as we noticed that not many customers were actually using it. So instead, we offer free Spotify Premium (a value of $9.99 per month) + DAILY VICE Smiley 

If there are any other changes to come, the information will be available on Fido.ca. Just keep a close eye to make sure you don't miss out! 

I'd like to add that we definitely don't think our customer are ignorant. We simply strive to provide the best customer service while choosing the best combination of price and services that respects our customers' budget and needs.

I'll make sure to pass your suggestions along Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 1 sjang87
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm so frustrated with their services lately. I currently have a grandfather plan with 600 mb looking for more data and they want me to pay an additional $30 for 400 mb more to get 1 gb!!!! This is insane! I've been a long time customer for almost 10 years....I got my entire family to switch their business to Fido. I even had an additional line with a 6gb plan for $50 and once I removed the additional line, Fido said they can't help me Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 61
Former Moderator

Good morning sjang87!

I'll be happy to review your plan options Smiley Keep in mind that our new plans include exclusive features which leads to the price difference between your grandfathered plan and our current ones Wink I'll send you a PM in just a bit so we can get started! 

Keep in mind that you can always reach us on Facebook or Twitter to look into your account Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 61

I did reply to the private message via private message, and that was 2 weeks ago,  but no reply at all

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 61

Hi Telus,

We sent you an email in response to the authentication form but didn't receive a reply. I went ahead and forwarded you a copy of that email sent May 9th. 

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 61

I did the authentication again today, and I also PM the person who sent me the original message back on May 9 to confirm, but not heard anythng.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 61

Hello Telus Smiley

We received your authentication form today. I will contact you now by PM so that we can verify your options together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 61
Highlighted

Honestly, I am not sure how much value spotify adds to my service, there are free apps that does the same job, if not better.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 61
I'm a Participant Level 1 Zhiwei
I'm a Participant Level 1

It is so frustrating talking to fido customer service now. I called to see if I am able to get a better plan since I only have 1GB of data in my plan and I keep exceeding it. They tried to offer me another plan saying it's better because I will be able to get 3 GB of data but I have to pay basically 20 dollars more after their 6 months of 5 dollars credit end( which is still not helping). And they tried to tell me that my plan is a very good plan which is a plan shown on the website where every new customer can get. I saw on the other forums that a lot of people are getting a great deal with a cheaper price that they are offering. I don't get after almost 10 years of usage with Fido, I am still getting the same plan where every new customer can get. The option that loyalty department girl was offering me does not make sense at all. Why would I call retention department and wasted 30 minutes talking to them to pay almost 20 dollars extra for more data which is something that Fido will charge me automatically if I exceed my limit? And the girl was like that's all I can do for you, you can either take it or stay with your plan. I just don't understand why I should stay with that company after almost 10 years. I am now looking for other companies options right now to see if i can get a better deal than this. I am very frustrated and I don't think fido should treat loyal customer this way.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 61
Former Moderator FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi Zhiwei!

Welcome to the community! 

We'd hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options together! Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 61