Retention plans

Retention plans

Retention plans

sukhdev
I'm a Participant Level 3

Retention plans

I am a Fido customer since 2003 . I came to know few days ago that Fido is giving BYO phone plan with $57  (Unltd Canada Calling , Voice mail, Unltd text , 2 GB Data etc) I am already having equivalent plan with $57.60 PM on month to moth . Called Fido CS yesterday to upgrade my phone and wanted to go for 2 year term. The CS was asking me to make change to this plan & she wanted & insisted me to change the plan . I was surprised to hear that she can only do it if I change my plan. When I insisted her , that I don't want to change the plan she told me that , I can not get the phone I wanted ( Nexus 5) , which I think is free with  2 year term . What I feel is that Fido sometimes wanted to force to buy what they want to sell rathet than what the customer is happy with it. Sorry for Fido customer service...

1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi sukhdev!

Is the plan you're on a BYOP plan, or is it a Standard/Smart/Max plan? BYOP plans don't offer a subsidy on phones since they're meant for customers who are using they're own phone on a month-to-month basis. Here's what the pricing of the phone was depending on which plan category you're in:

• 2-year Tab24 Agreement with a Max plan: $20
  • 2-year Tab24 Agreement with a Smart plan: $20
  • 2-year Tab24 Agreement with a Standard plan: $200
  • No agreement/prepaid: $340

The Nexus 5 was however discontinued on August 8th 2015.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley