Retention and customer loyalty

alvinw
I'm a Participant Level 3

Pretty disappointed with the plan I'm being offered.  As someone who has been with fido for about 15 years being offered a more expensive plan for the EXACT same features is pretty unreasonable.  $65 for a 1gb pulse plan is $15 more than what I'm currently paying.  You would figure they would offer something better to long time customers.  Guess they don't care about customer loyalty these days.  What's also pretty bs is that friends who are with fido for not even half as long have gotten amazing offers recently.

12 REPLIES 12
alvinw

Still talking with other people I know that are with fido and they're all getting great deals.  One of my friends even got a deal today that I was told expired earlier today (the 5+5 60$) when I spoke to someone from customer services.. Really ridiculous how they treat long time customers.

dsgdfg
I'm a Participant Level 2

My freinf Just got iphone 8 plus at 0 dollar for 45 monthly plan with 8 gb from fido. Also got 300 credit for old device balance. I dont like fido at all for this partial treatment.

alvinw

Yeah I'm greatly disappointed in Fidos customer service

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

How did your fried got the got iphone 8 plus at 0 dollar for 45 monthly plan with 8 gb from fido? Does he know someone important in fido? I am current talkng to Fido regarding retention for my wife's plan/phone.

dsgdfg
I'm a Participant Level 2

He is just 1 year old customer when he told fido that he is porting to bell then they decided to give this offer. 

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

@dsgdfg wrote:

He is just 1 year old customer when he told fido that he is porting to bell then they decided to give this offer. 

I am a 10+ customer and they only offer me a phone credit for the iPhone 7 and I still have to get a medium plan + whatever you need to pay for the phone. Another company is only $60 with 10 GB and the iPhone 8 is free also.

We've replied to your PM @howardsiu. See you there! 

alvinw

That's crazy that he got that.

I just spoke with another rep and the best and ONLY offer they would give is a standard $85 4gb plan and I've been with Fido for 10+ years

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

What are you talking about? Fido released lots of good plans right before and during the holidays.  These plans were so welcoming and popular that poeple were lining up for 30 min - 1 h (in person) and up to 2 hours on the phone for them. Many of my friends across the country signed up and got the discounted rates. 

It appears that you missed it. Unfortunely, there is nothing anyone can do.  Complaining here will not get you anywhere either. 

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

Yes Fido did have some decent plan for new customer. as for loyal customer, if they wanted to keep us, they have to do better than the plan they advertise. Comparing it to another company, thats not even close...

tangentdesign
I'm a Contributor Level 1

you'll find many people on these forums with similar recent experience - long term customers and fido is not longer making decent offers to entice you to stay. Seems like there's been a recent policy change to direct the service reps to not be flexible or accomodating. Instead they says things like "I'll look over some (**bleep**ty) options with you" or "We'll be sad to see you go."

alvinw

Incredibly poor way to do business.