Restoral fee

Restoral fee

Restoral fee

SOLVED
Tam5
I'm a Participant Level 1

Restoral fee

Canadian, not just here, not activating account cuz im

here for 9 months, have had fido for 7 years, but I don’t get English, I can’t read bill, can’t read text sent to my phone, bill

is too much I can’t pay, I didn’t know, ... thousands of dollars are adjusted every day, but as Canadian citizen, lacking in money past due account and get 35 restoral fee I am not allowed to ask for it to be adjusted, but, I don’t know or wasn’t told or whatever u wanna pull outta ur hat doesn’t work for an actual Canadian for fido, nope u pay and all others get 

Accepted Solution

Re: Restoral fee

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Tam5,

I'm sorry to learn that your account was suspended, that's definitely not a pleasant situation. The $35 restoral fee is non-negotiable though as it makes up for the costs related to the restoral of the account and maintenance of the wireless numbers during the suspension.

We want to be as transparent as possible when it comes to all the applicable fees on your account and all the administrative charges that you may be subject to as a customer are listed on our website here.

I understand how important it is to keep your monthly fees in check though! To avoid a late fee or suspension in the future, you can find the due date of your payments on your online account on Fido.ca under Billing and Payments. The due date is also indicated on the first page of your online PDF bill every month. 

We have a useful blog on our Community that gives you step by step instructions on how to download your bill and view all the details, you can click here to find it.

Let us know if you have questions Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoClaudia

Hey @Tam5,

I'm sorry to learn that your account was suspended, that's definitely not a pleasant situation. The $35 restoral fee is non-negotiable though as it makes up for the costs related to the restoral of the account and maintenance of the wireless numbers during the suspension.

We want to be as transparent as possible when it comes to all the applicable fees on your account and all the administrative charges that you may be subject to as a customer are listed on our website here.

I understand how important it is to keep your monthly fees in check though! To avoid a late fee or suspension in the future, you can find the due date of your payments on your online account on Fido.ca under Billing and Payments. The due date is also indicated on the first page of your online PDF bill every month. 

We have a useful blog on our Community that gives you step by step instructions on how to download your bill and view all the details, you can click here to find it.

Let us know if you have questions Smiley

Hey @Sanjais,

The late payment fee and the restoral fee are two separate charges. The suspension fee makes up for the costs related to the restoral of the account and its maintenance, as well as the collection efforts from our part during the suspension.

We've also replied to your other post, check it out from more details.

Sanjais
I'm a Participant Level 2

Is there an extra maintenance cost during the suspension that is then not charged when the account has been paid for? Fido already levies a late payment charge so why this charade about transparent pricing? Obviously you must believe the customet is an **bleep**? A more approprite title for the Data Restoration Fees would be Customer Rip Off Fees. This would save you having to peddle unnecessary lies and let the customer know where they stand.