Reservation Frustration

Reservation Frustration

Reservation Frustration

SOLVED
tomakwan
I'm a Participant Level 3

Reservation Frustration

HI There,

I'm a little frustrated with the reservation system.

I had paid my $40 for the Samsung S7 and began as number 7 in the queue.

I was dismayed to find out that on the day of release for the S7 I was bumped down the queue to number 8.

Not only was I bumped down the queue, but I still don't have the phone 2 full business days later.

As a 10 year customer, I find the level of service for the reservation system mind-boggling. I had a similar experience 2 years ago with the S5, so I had hoped that the service would pick up.

Accepted Solution

Re: Reservation Frustration

Solved by Moderator

Hey @tomakwan.

The reservation system doesn't mean you'll have your phone before everyone, simply that you won't have to run around to find your copy as it will be sent for you as soon as we have it. That's stated as well on our  reservation blog post  here.

I do understand that you would like to have your phone right away. I'm sure that you will receive it really soon Smiley

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoPierre

Hey @tomakwan

I'm sad to learn that you've had such an experience with our reservation system. This isn't something that should have happened at all, however, it also should not change much in the delays of receiving the phone. Your phone should still be arriving at the store location of your choice within the same batch.

I also want to clarify that the $40 reservation fee is fully refundable. As soon as the device arrives in stores they will contact you to pick up the phone and the $40 will be refunded.

I hope this information was helpful! Smiley 

tomakwan

My main issue is that , I have a very hard time beleiving that the phone would not be stocked in downtown Toronto. The reservation system sets up expectations for customers that are not being met.

Fido has done little to reward loyalty, and no one is taking accountability.

My next steps will be to contact the office of the president.

Hey @tomakwan.

The reservation system doesn't mean you'll have your phone before everyone, simply that you won't have to run around to find your copy as it will be sent for you as soon as we have it. That's stated as well on our  reservation blog post  here.

I do understand that you would like to have your phone right away. I'm sure that you will receive it really soon Smiley

tomakwan

Then really... waht's the point of a reservation system?

If you book a reservation in any other industry, you walk in at the time that you've chosen, and bam, you have what you've asked for.

It's now almost a week, and I've confirmed with your reps that the reservations have not even shipped.

Before I go on, be advised that I'm not blaming you guys, I know it sucks not having all the answers you need, but this is way beyond whatever scripted answers any front line staff is able to provide.

I'm already written my letters to the president and ombusdman's offices.

Your reservation system is terrible, and you all know it.

Thanks for the feedback @tomakwan

I can understand that being 7th in line, you'd expect to get the phone right when it's released. As Kenny mentioned, it's not guaranteed that you'll get it on the day of, but once we get the phone, we'll notify you. The model you pick also plays a role in this! 

I'll send you a PM to get more info on your experience. 

tomakwan

Except that CSRs have confirmed it wasn't shipped.

And users on this forum have confirmed that they've gotten their's already in threads complaining about seperate issues about the system entirely.