Replacement SIM Card (Prepaid Service)

SOLVED
905neveryoumind
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have a really old SIM card and would like to buy one of the newer ones (Tri-format or whatever they are called).  I am on prepaid service (the $100/yr top up).  Can I buy a SIM card with my balance rather than shell out $10 from my pocket?  Once I buy the card, what are my steps to have it linked to my existing service rather than start a 'new' service?

Accepted Solution

Re: Replacement SIM Card (Prepaid Service)

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @905neveryoumind & welcome to the Community! Smiley

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, it's not possible to use your prepaid balance to pay for the SIM card. 

Once you've purchased the SIM card, you'll just need to contact us to have it activated.

Cheers!

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @905neveryoumind The SIM is called a Multi SIM, I do not think you can use your prepaid balance to pay for the SIM but I could be wrong. Once you gett he new SIM just call Fido and they will activate it for you or if you buy it at a Fido store you can get it activated there.

Hi @905neveryoumind & welcome to the Community! Smiley

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, it's not possible to use your prepaid balance to pay for the SIM card. 

Once you've purchased the SIM card, you'll just need to contact us to have it activated.

Cheers!