Repeated Text Messages !

Repeated Text Messages !

Repeated Text Messages !

SOLVED
Clevis
I'm a Participant Level 3

Repeated Text Messages !

Hello Fido  Community.

I been having this problem since last night my S6 Samsung is sending repeated text messages to one of my friends.

Anyone have knows whats wrong?

Clevis 

Accepted Solution

Re: Repeated Text Messages !

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hey there Clevis,

thanks for reaching out.

We actually received notice that certain customers are reporting that intermittently, an SMS sent from their device is received 2 or 3 times at the destination. We're still investigating this matter and we're working on fixing this asap Smiley Thanks for your understanding. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

View solution in context
12 REPLIES 12
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hey there Clevis,

thanks for reaching out.

We actually received notice that certain customers are reporting that intermittently, an SMS sent from their device is received 2 or 3 times at the destination. We're still investigating this matter and we're working on fixing this asap Smiley Thanks for your understanding. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Clevis
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks Cathrine for your reply back. 

Regards

Clevis 

Hey rk1, 

While we don't currently have an exact ETA as to when this will be resolved, we are aware that this is affecting some of our customers and we are currently working on a resolution in the shortest delay possible. 

Thanks for your understanding during this time!

This issue should be fixed now. 

o4komodo
I'm a Participant Level 2

The issue is not fixed for me. In fact it has been like this for an entire year and a half now. It's intermittent but it does happen a lot.
A lot of my friends complain. I even try to call the fido hotline to get them to 'reset my network'. Happens on EVERY phone I use... even happened before I switched to a nano SIM card.

Hi Francesgarrett, 

I hope I was able to answer your question above; there's not much we can do until this is fixed. 

Thanks again for your patience while we get this resolved! 

Imtheboss

This question is over a year old but this problem keeps happening. Repeated texts over and over. Surely something could be done?

Hi @Imtheboss & welcome to the Community! Smiley

To figure out what's causing this, I'll need to ask you a few questions:

1) What's the model of the phone that you're using?

2) Are the repeated texts only with certain contacts or is it with all of them?

3) Are you currently on LTE?

4) If so, have you tried disabling LTE to see if the issue persists?

Thanks! Smiley

Imtheboss

Hi Maria, samsung s6 random people not always the same . It happens on the network but also on wifi. I will try disabling lte. This morning it happened on wifi

@Imtheboss Let me know how it goes with LTE disabled! Also, would you be able to test your SIM card in a different phone to see if it changes anything?

Thanks Smiley

rk1
I'm a Participant Level 1

same issue. why is there no update on the web-site or on your twitter accounts? do you have an ETA on when this will be solved? this has been happening for at least 18 hours now. at least provide some proper communication.

francesgarrett

This is happening to me also - a friend gets my messages numerous times although on my end they look like they've been sent only once. Is there anything we can do?