Repair a phone under warranty with fido store is a NIGHTMARE

zyzyzyz1984
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Bought a Z10 back in Feb/March directly from Fido.ca, all worked fine until August. the earpiece got crackling sound and i just used a bluetooth headset casue most of my phone calls were made while i was driving and i got the bluetooth thing in my truck. After a while, the speaker started to not working. this really bugs me as i cant get incoming calls.

took my phone to a fido retail store( Burnhamthorpe road/erin mills) , and was told this fix would takes 10-15 business days. I was with rogers for a long time and blackberry was always a swap when service needed. i was pissed but had them send to service depot. Now almost a month passed, i still have no phone. Went to the fido store again, asked about it and was then told there is no way to track and normally takes 15-30 days? 

Is this fido way of customer satisfication??? I paid the premium for the outright price and only used the phone for couple months, and now that the phone doesnt work and takes that much time to repair??

16 REPLIES 16
Sunaugi

Having similar situation,
Got Nexus 5 in March and having issue with handset, I went to fido store, rep checked the phone and said , we don't have loaner phone, I said np, I will use my old handset, although I am not comfortable with old one but don't have choice.
After 2 weeks when I requested for status , answer is - we don't have option to track the status , you need to wait for 21 business days, considering weekend and holidays , aprox 5 weeks.
I said that much time can be taken? Reply- you will get call once it's repaired, it can take 21 business days or more depending on manufacturer, parts available or how busy they are.
That's frustrating that I don't know how many days it will take to get my handset.
Fido must re look into their policy or remove tag line - satisfaction guaranteed.

Hello Sunaugi and welcome to the Fido Community Smiley

I would like to take a look at the situation with you. I am now contacting by PM in order to have more information concerning your repair.

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hi zyzyzyz1984,

There might be in some cases it exceeds the delay of 2 weeks delay depending on the status of your phone. It would be best to call directly at the Fido store in which the repair is being done to have an update on the phone. Please accept our apologies for this if the agent at the Fido-Erin-Mills-Centre did not perform a throughout follow up with you. We will have your feedback forwarded to thie store. If you have still not received a phone call, please call directly at (905) 608-1819 to verify the status of your phone.

Really sorry about this as the usually delay is of 10 business days.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

you need to confirm the repair status with the Flextronics repair centre, not with fido. it sounds like the fido guy is too lazy to call flextronics and ask for a follow up,. but you can call them yourself, all they need is the IMEI of your handset, its the serial number, you should have it on your receipt and paper work
zyzyzyz1984

i guess this simply reflect that cux service at store doesnt care about their customers and lack of training/support

i do not have a phone number with flextronics and that's why i didnt know that i should have called them directly and check status. 

i'll try tomorrow

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

you can easily do a goggle search and find flex tronics phone number, there service center is in new market though, so try to find a toll free number other wise long distance charges apply to call them, maybe thats why the fido store does not wanna call them they dont want to make long distance charges on their phone lines? i dunno, i cant comment for them and their lack of customer service excellence
zyzyzyz1984

Excited to get my phone back after 5 weeks but only found out that THEY DID NOT REPAIR IT

They have said that they found internal speaker and speaker are Distored and also sim try is damaged.

I have no idea why those are not warranty work..? called fido and they told me to contact blackberry directly. 

On blackberry page, there is no where says that how to contact them but only says contact point of sales.

Any advice?

Fjamal

This is typical of Fido. They did this to my daughters phone, took in into store once, said nothing was wrong, then went in again with the same issue of the HTC constantly re-booting randmonly, three weeks later, after, I finally called, they said it was ready, and that they had tried to call the number that was being repaired...go figure! I had given them another number to call. The issue was not fixed, took it back, went though the whole thing again, another two weeks the finally the phone was fixed They wanted to charge initially, then said it was covered under warranty after I asked them to check the date of purchase.

It would have been cheaper to replace the phone and keep my daughter happy, and that was one of the many reasons, I have decided to leave Fido after 17 years.

But with my two Blackberries, I was told they had a department that could help if there were any issues, well there were issues and I was guided to the web site, where it guides you to the BB forum. A quick google of the issue, and I was able to fix, I am sure they could have also done that for me, would have left a great impression and gone a long way! But alas! that is not where Fido wants to be any longer.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hello Fjamal, im not sure if you knew that fido used to have a technical service counter at many of their flagship stores, where you would walk right in to the store, no appointment required, and visit the technical counter, and give your phone to the repairman, and explain the problem, and you would come back later, usually within the same day, and pick up a repaired or working replacement handset on the spot. Fido determined that this is not what their customers wanted and replaced it with you giving your phone to the sales person, they ship it to mfgr, and you wait 2-4 weeks for repair or replacement. you have experienced the later experience and it sounds like you are not happy
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

FidoAmanda, he said he took his phone to the Fido retail store at Burnhamthorpe Road and Erin Mills,  NOT Erin Mills and eglington.  You gave the number for the Fido Erin Mills store, but you should be giving the number for the Fido South Common Mall Store.  Can you give zyzyzyz1984 the correct store number please? and thank you!

zyzyzyz1984

Thank you about store # etc, but i do have these info on hand

Repair request # 3057695

Store Name: FID0 5326 - South Common

TEL: 905 608 1547

I have been to store 3 times, first time is to drop off the phone, 2 others are asking for status.

the store says they have no way to track repair status, i do have a way bill no to Flextronics-RIM, 1z513f5a2091244135 and confirmed from UPS that the repair center got it on Oct 21

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi there zyzyzyz1984,

Yes it sounds like your experience reflects that of Fido's customer satisfaction.  Fido specifically wants people to take their phones in to a store and have them wait (or suffer) without it for a long time and makes it difficult for feed back when it comes to status updates and what not.  Fido never used to be like this, at one point they had an in-house repair facility, where they would repair/exchange phones pretty much on the spot, and if they couldn't they would track the status of it for you when they ship it out.

It seems that fido does not think its customers deserve this level of great customer service so they scrapped their in-house repair centres, and made the customers repair experience a little less than great.  I do not know the reason behind this but if you find out why please share it with us.

zyzyzyz1984

Thanks for your reply

hope someone at fido can look into these issues as this service level is simply not acceptable.

Brigitta
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have same issue. Phone is new only 1 month. Nothing but problems . Warranty did nothing I had to pay 79 put of pocket to fix phone. Still not good. Samsung said 6 to 8 week repair time. With fido 19 years. Not acceptable. Horrible. 

Hey @Brigitta

Do you still need help with this situation? 

We're here for you Smiley 

Hey @Brigitta and thanks for reaching out.

When you are inside your 1 year warranty, there is no charge to send the phone in repair.

This is the case unless there was physical damage on the device or something.

Did we confirm the problem with your phone exactly?