Refilling with Interac always a gamble

Mcrfido
I'm a Contributor Level 1

About a third of the times that I try to refill my prepaid with interac , no matter what time of day, night, or day of the week. I get an error message even though Fido's system has gotten the money. So far it seems to always get put back but what a hassle. I called customer service and of course, the person couldn't help and suggested I go out to buy a voucher. I could have figured that out on my own, this is 2016 and I can buy anything online even from across the world without issue but I can't refill with Fido!?! When is this finally going to be fixed?

13 REPLIES 13
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Mcrfido

Welcome to the Community Smiley  . 

We definitely appreciate your feedback on this.Can you tell us a little more about the error message you get when you try to make these payments?

Also, what browser do you use? I apologize for all the questions, we have a few customers using the service as well and it seems to be working on their end so I want to make sure it's not a technical glitch! 

Mcrfido

Hi FidoRanya
The browser I use for Fido which is Chrome. I've tried using the explorer
that is also a browser on my phone when the transaction doesn't work with Chrome but it makes no difference.
The message says something like oops! something went wrong. It has a burgundy header. Since the money is taken, the issue seems to happen when I should be redirected to Fido's site.
Bye for now.

Hi @Mcrfido!

Just to clarify, are you doing this transaction on your phone or on a computer?

Mcrfido

I use my phone. A Huawei I bought at the Fido store in downtown Montreal (an amazing phone btw).

@Mcrfido so I've heard Smiley

Have you ever experienced the same issue on a computer?

Mcrfido

No, I use the phone I bought from Fido because that's what I use my Fido phone service and data for.
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Mcrfido

If you go for an Interac refill next time you need to add funds, can you give it a try from a computer and let us know if you get the same error? 

Mcrfido

Hi,
Look, I get that you're trying to help but how would it be an improvement on the present situation even if I could refill every time I used a computer to do it?
I'm complaining about the fact that the device I carry around with me everywhere can't always be refilled using interac. If I have to stay home or go out lugging my laptop to use WiFi to be sure to able to refill my phone whenever I want to, then the employee who advised me to buy a voucher was offering an even better solution. A voucher doesn't weigh a thing .
Also, since interac works 2 out of 3 times and the money always gets taken out of my account, the problem obviously isn't with my phone, the browser , my bank or interac: they're all doing what they're supposed to do in the transaction.
It's Fido's system that sometimes doesn't register the payment as a refill and ends up returning it after a few hours. If you have no idea when that will be fixed to work perfectly every time, just say so and I'll always use vouchers. It's the unpredictability that's annoying.
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Mcrfido

I can totally understand how this would be an inconvenience. Technically this shouldn't be happening; I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look together. Smiley 

Mcrfido

Hi,
New development. Before Interac didn't work 1/3 of the time. I sent you my number by PM, not a peep about that and now as of Monday, Interac doesn't work at all. Either with Explorer or Chrome.
I also can't use Visa Debit though I saw someone mention that it was an option and there's absolutely no way I'd pay with a regular credit card where I only know what went on weeks later when I get my statement, so that option is out. Back to vouchers it is then.

Honestly, all I wanted was to know if this system was reliable or it wasn't . I have my answer.

Hey @Mcrfido,

We had sent you a PM on Friday and we didn't hear back from you. Did you not receive it?

I'd love to continue looking into this with you and find out what's going on.

I'll send you another PM shortly Smiley

Mcrfido

Hi, FidoPierre and FidoClaudia both sent me PMs to get my phone number and I haven't heard back from either of them. Is this how you conduct business online? Because I've never had such bad service in person or on the phone. Not impressed.

Hi @Mcrfido!

We never received a reply from you. Have you answered the PMs?