Redeem FidoDOLLARS online

SOLVED
backforthewin
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey all, so I am looking to upgrade my phone online and cannot find out how to redeem my FidoDOLLARS as I'm still on an account that is accumulating the rewards. I understand that it is not apart of Fido anymore and most of the features of this program have been taken off the site but it is very frustrating to not be able to redeem my accumulated dollars. Thanks for the reply in advance.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Redeem FidoDOLLARS online

Solved by MVP MVP

@backforthewin You will have to contact customer service and they can do the upgrade for you and apply your Fido dollars.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@backforthewin You will have to contact customer service and they can do the upgrade for you and apply your Fido dollars.

Hey @backforthewin

Thanks for reaching out about this!

At the moment, since the FidoDOLLARS™ are discontinued, it's not possible to have them applied through MyAccount.

You can always go ahead with the upgrade directly on fido.ca , and we can then apply the FidoDOLLARS™ for you on our end!

I'll send a PM your way to help Smiley .

mollyzhang619
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Ranya, 

I have the same issue here. Can I just do the upgrade online first, add the fee to the next bill, and redeem my Fidodollars on the next bill? I see someone say that we will need to contact customer service. But it will take too long waiting for the phone to be picked up...Is there anyway else to redeem them online?

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

You can go to a Fido store or associate store and redeem them there.  

Note if you go to a store, you will have to pay the $25.00 transaction service fee whereas the fee is wavied if you do that on-line.  Of course if you have little Fido dollars, it might be worthwhile to make the upgrade online and call into Fido and have them apply the Fido dollars to your account.

I personally prefer to pay the $25 so I can pick up the phone from a store right away and not have to wait for them to ship it and then have the phone sit on the front door exposed to -30C temperatures outside (and increase the possibility of getting stolen). Alternatively you can ship your phone to your work place (if allowed).