Receiving text records

Receiving text records

Receiving text records

SOLVED
Elvirabrophy1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Receiving text records

Hello, 

I was wondering how I would be able to access my previous outgoing texts. Just the times that they were sent out, along with my outgoing calls as well. No need for the phone numbers or any recieved texts or calls. More so just for thr time. I need it for court. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Receiving text records

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Elvirabrophy1,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, any information about the numbers you've texted or received texts from, are not available due to privacy concerns (see here and here). However, if it is required for court, you might consider having the authorities obtain a warrant or subpoena for the information.

With regards to your outgoing calls, you should be able to find them listed on your bill. You can access and print your recent bills via My Account.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Elvirabrophy1 Fido do not log text messages or the time it was sent and receive just the amount we use in our billing cycle the only way to get your messages and time is from your phone if you did not delete it as yet.

As for the calls Fido do not log the number for incoming calls just outgoing call numbers are logged.

In order to get a detail break down of all your incoming/outgoing calls, numbers and time you can download your invoice to get those details.

Login to MYACCOUNT on fido.ca then click on Billing & Payments on the next page select the month you need from the drop down box than click on Save / Print this bill (PDF) and you will get the details in there.

Also something to note you can only get the details once the invoice has been generated we are unable to get those details in our current cycle.

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Elvirabrophy1,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, any information about the numbers you've texted or received texts from, are not available due to privacy concerns (see here and here). However, if it is required for court, you might consider having the authorities obtain a warrant or subpoena for the information.

With regards to your outgoing calls, you should be able to find them listed on your bill. You can access and print your recent bills via My Account.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers