Really disappointed with fido: Long term customer

SOLVED
Bradkoro
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have been a long term customer with fido for about 7 Years now and not once in the last few years or so have they called or emailed me for any special offer or rates. It’s always me who has to call in to beg for changes or promotions. They act like they’re different from all the other carriers but that’s a lie. They’re all in it for the money and lousy customer service. I pay almost $100 a month after taxes for my 10gb so called loyalty plan and not to mention they up the iPhone value pack $2 with out notifying me. I’m fed up at this point and called in to see if anything could be done...of course nothing has been resolved. I was out of country during December and unfortunately I missed the 10gb for $60 and I wasn’t even notified. You think they would offer existing long term customers a spot in line for that plan? Well no. It feels like a slap in the face that long term customers are paying out the **bleep** for so called loyalty plans and new customers off the street can sweep up a killer deal plan like the 10gb $60. My rant is done. I’m done with fido and had enough of their “nice guy” industry attitude.

Accepted Solution

Re: Really disappointed with fido: Long term customer

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @Bradkoro

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for choosing Fido as your provider for the past 7 years. 

I understand that it's disappointing that you haven't received any offers by email, our system finds eligible customers based on various aspects in an account. Unfortunately, these plans are not available to all customers. Whether we target you with an offer or not, I can assure you that we value your loyalty to Fido.

Plans like the $60 / 10 GB are normally advertised on our website, you can definitely keep an eye on fido.ca to make sure you're not missing out on a special deal. They often come and go so that's the best way to make sure you're in the loop when an awesome deal comes around. 

In terms of the value pack increase, we informed our customers of the increase on the December or January bill. Was that not the case?

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Bradkoro

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for choosing Fido as your provider for the past 7 years. 

I understand that it's disappointing that you haven't received any offers by email, our system finds eligible customers based on various aspects in an account. Unfortunately, these plans are not available to all customers. Whether we target you with an offer or not, I can assure you that we value your loyalty to Fido.

Plans like the $60 / 10 GB are normally advertised on our website, you can definitely keep an eye on fido.ca to make sure you're not missing out on a special deal. They often come and go so that's the best way to make sure you're in the loop when an awesome deal comes around. 

In terms of the value pack increase, we informed our customers of the increase on the December or January bill. Was that not the case?

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hello 

The value.pack up $2 starting in February  is showing on your January Bill.

The promotion $60/10Gb plan was highly advertised on media. If you have a phone subsidary and pay $100 10Gb it's really.just $15 difference with phone the 60$/10Gb = $85/10Gb. 

Just saying ... I have been with Fido 3x 7 years and never had a special targeted deal.

Those promotion come and goes with the market they are all at same price or follow each other all the time. So when you hear something you should check in promos at Fido like @FidoRanya suggest.

What ever you choose now like @Cawtau says you have to compare what's it worth to you Fido network service get LTE free tethering wifi calling extended network out of the box constant updates apps features i.e. spotify games shake and super cool people of Fido to me its well worth it.

I also deal them all except Telus so Bell Virgin Rogers Kodoo I have compared.

For promo direct advertise also depends on your phone and account settings if you have authorizing Fido or not to communicate with you for advertisement. 

Hope it helps!

Bradkoro

I was never notified about the increase and I haven’t heard about the 10gb for $60. Why not offer it to long time members as well? It’s okay I can’t wait around any longer while paying $100 month. Many cheaper alternatives with more value out there. 

Hello Bradkoro,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it's disappointing not being able to get that promotional plan. It was not limited to new customers. It was available to everyone who was able to contact customer service during the promotion.

Bradkoro wrote:...Many cheaper alternatives with more value out there. 

You are certainly welcome to search for alternative plans/providers. However, when determining value, just make sure you're comparing similar services. Phone plans are more than just the amount of data. Some plans only include Province-wide calling. Some plans only include '3G'. Some plans are limited by Home and Away networks with restrictions on Away network use...  Only you can decide what's considered value for yourself. Often, you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Bradkoro

Yes of course there are many cheaper options out there but they aren’t comparable to the master fido reception and are significantly less quality because they don’t want to compete. Only company I wouldn’t consider is freedom which you’d probably be referring to. Anyways long story short even if that deal came up again you’d have to stress out just trying to get it waiting for hours and hours by phone or line.

Did you review your December and January bills @Bradkoro