Reactivation phone line

Reactivation phone line

Reactivation phone line

SOLVED
id4vip
I'm Helpful Level 1

Reactivation phone line

Hello,

If in past I have two postpaid FIDO services under one FIDO account, one service is still active (i.e my FIDO account active this time) & one service i had closed in Dec-2016(about one month ago), I have still a sim card for old service phone line available which is obviously not able to connect to network this time.  So my question is, if I want to reactivate my old line which I shuttled in Dec 2016, what is the process I have to adopt,  the plan which I shuttled is still available in present time & I want to continue same plan, so my questions are:

• Fido can able to do that or not?
  • My old SIM card can be reused or I have to buy new one? (I do not want to pay extra SIM card fee)
  • My old phone number can be reused or I have to buy new one?
  • There is any extra fee I have to deposit (i.e reactivation fee, new activation charge fee) or only monthly plan is sufficient (prorated with my current monthly billing circle). I want to pay minimum so only monthly plan fee makes me happy.
  • How much the time frame allowed by a FIDO to reactivate the old closed service?

please give me information about my questions so that I can move forward according to my available options,

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Reactivation phone line

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @id4vip!

As long as the number was cancelled by us and not ported out, and it's been 60 days or less that the line was cancelled, we can reactivate it! You'd keep the same number and SIM card.

Here's what you need to know about reactivating a line:

• You’ll have partial monthly fees on your next invoice.
  • You’ll have a whole month’s worth of your price plan’s included services until the end of your billing cycle.
  • You may see some charges and credits related to cancellation fees / Easy Pay balance on your next invoices (if applicable).
  • If you have the T9-1-1 service, it will take up to 48 hours before the service is available after reactivating your account.

If you'd like to go ahead with the reactivation, let me know and I'll send you a PM. You can also reach us through one of these channels if you prefer.

Cheers! Smiley

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
id4vip
I'm Helpful Level 1

after how much time (approximate) PM will be come from Moderator? Or it is better call directly Fido help phone line.

id4vip
I'm Helpful Level 1

So if i want to move further for reactivation, what i have to do next, I have  to send my information to you in PM or i have to talk fido help line or to go FIDO store? it was a 3GB / $15 data only plan line & cancelled by FIDO after my request, & i want to activate same plan, so that number still in FIDO basket.

thanks

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@id4vip I'll send you a PM! Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @id4vip!

As long as the number was cancelled by us and not ported out, and it's been 60 days or less that the line was cancelled, we can reactivate it! You'd keep the same number and SIM card.

Here's what you need to know about reactivating a line:

• You’ll have partial monthly fees on your next invoice.
  • You’ll have a whole month’s worth of your price plan’s included services until the end of your billing cycle.
  • You may see some charges and credits related to cancellation fees / Easy Pay balance on your next invoices (if applicable).
  • If you have the T9-1-1 service, it will take up to 48 hours before the service is available after reactivating your account.

If you'd like to go ahead with the reactivation, let me know and I'll send you a PM. You can also reach us through one of these channels if you prefer.

Cheers! Smiley