cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS DISPLAY????

buzzsaw09
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

So after putting some music on my LG Gossip, I unplugged my phone and looked at my home screen.

Where it usually says FIDO, It says ROGERS,

I am so confused

I bought the phone from FIDO with a FIDO Plan,

Should I see someone about this (ie. will i be getting charged by Rogers because it looks like i am on their network or something)

I know Rogers and Fido or relatively the same but I really don't know a lot past that..

Please direct me as to what I am to do next

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

PS (I also took the micro sd out for a second to see how much memory it had so maybe that has something to do with it?)

1 REPLY 1

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Why does my phone not say Fido, or why does one of my phones say Fido and the other say something else?

The network name on the display is referred to as the Operator Logo and its purpose if to tell you the name of the network you are using. There are many different ways of displaying it. Some phones will display it from a database in the SIM card. Others will use a database in the phone itself. Others will use a network name transmitted by the network itself. What you see on your phone’s display will depend on your phone, its firmware, whether or not it is and official Fido phone, and your SIM card revision.

Newer Fido-branded phones and Fido SIM cards have programmed the Rogers network (which Fido operates on) to display as Fido, while some older phones, non-Fido phones and older SIM cards may say Rogers. This is a list of all the possible names you may see on your handset display:

Fido
FIDO
Microcell
MCELL
ROGERS
ROGERS AT&T
Rogers Wireless
ROGERS WIRELESS
ROGERS AT&T WIRELESS
Rogers AT&T Wireless
CAN ROGERS
CAN Rogers Wireless
CAN Rogers AT&T
302-72
302-720
CAN-72
CAN-720

All of these refer to the same network. Some SIM cards have what is called a ‘2nd line operator logo’ and may display Fido, FIDO, or www.fido.ca underneath the first line. This is not important. What is important is if you see something else in your handset display such as Cingular, T-Mobile, O2 – UK, vodafone AU, Orange, IL Celcom etc, that you are in fact roaming and charges will apply. If your phone is one that says a variant of Rogers AT&T Wireless, be careful when travelling near the border as your phone may switch to the US signal and say just AT&T Wireless. This is not the same network and roaming charges apply.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).