RCS?

I'm a Participant Level 3 statikimages
I'm a Participant Level 3

RCS?

Anyone knows when Rich Communication Services will get pushed to everyone? A couple of my friends have received it but I was wondering if there is any ETA or ways to get it?
Thanks!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Popper
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: RCS?

Just curious what kind of phone do you and your friends have and when did they recieve the banner?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
MVP
MVP

@statikimages wrote:
Anyone knows when Rich Communication Services will get pushed to everyone? A couple of my friends have received it but I was wondering if there is any ETA or ways to get it?
Thanks!

Hello Statikimages,

Welcome to the community!

Are you referring to the upgraded Messanger for Android?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9

Of course thats what hes refering to... That post is pretty much useless as it was posted 2 months ago. I have read the rogers fourms and people have had to factory reset their devices to get the prompt. Rogers customer support atleast knows what RCS is Fido's customer support is useless, I have asked the Mods on the fourms and they don't know much either just that its being rolled out in batches.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9

I'm on a OnePlus 2, running the latest messenger app. My friends are on Pixel and Galaxy s6
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9

Yes I'm referring to this but it's not a app update feature it has to get pushed to your account or sim by the provider to make the app able to use the service. Seems like a slow roll out since this got posted in December.
I'm running the latest Messenger app.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9

Thank for the tip. I doubt a factory reset would do the trick. I've flashed my phone with several ROM since the December and always using the latest gapps and messenger version... Still no luck.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9

@statikimagesOk, Thanks for the response im on a huawei nova plus and I dont have the banner yet but ive noticed that RCS is running in the background in the app manager settings. I guess I will just wait and hopefully by the end of the month I will recieve the banner notification.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
I'm a Participant Level 1 mzkaye729
I'm a Participant Level 1

Did you receive the banner yet ? I haven't received anything even though I have all the requirements. Also, tried the factory reset--still no go.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9