Question re 12 month bonus 1Gb coming to an end

SOLVED
grahamcu
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I was fortunate enough to benefit from the bonus 1Gb/month for 12 months. My most recent bill for the period Aug 17 to Sep 16 has note alongside the bonus data that says 'ends Sep 17/17'. Given my next billing/usage period runs from Sep 17 to Oct 16, does this mean that I will or will not have the bonus 1Gb for that period? 

The reason for asking is that although I don't normally use above my plan 300Mb (so have probably never used the free data), in late Sept I will be travelling overseas and was expecting to use that data via paying for Fido Roam. I just need to know for sure whether I will have 300mb or 1300mb of data to use.

Many thanks,

Graham

Accepted Solution

Re: Question re 12 month bonus 1Gb coming to an end

Solved by Moderator

Hi there Graham Smiley

Since the bonus data expires on September 17, it would mean that it would only cover the usage that's being done between August 17 to September 16. Even though your next invoice will cover the monthly fees in advance between September 17 to October 16, keep in mind that the usage is always billed for the previous period.

If you'd like us to go over the available options for more data while you're travelling, let us know and we'll send you a PM.

You can also reach out to us here for any account related questions.

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoClaudia

Hi there Graham Smiley

Since the bonus data expires on September 17, it would mean that it would only cover the usage that's being done between August 17 to September 16. Even though your next invoice will cover the monthly fees in advance between September 17 to October 16, keep in mind that the usage is always billed for the previous period.

If you'd like us to go over the available options for more data while you're travelling, let us know and we'll send you a PM.

You can also reach out to us here for any account related questions.

Hope this helps Smiley