Question about Prepaid

I'm a Participant Level 2 mp187263
I'm a Participant Level 2

Question about Prepaid

Hi,

Just wondering, is the prepaid service the same as it used to be where you can just deposit funds with a voucher whenever you want?  Because from looking at the prepaid section it seems that you now have to pay a monthly fee to use the prepaid service.  That would be really unfortunate because there would be no difference between prepaid and monthly.

Also, is there a fee to switch to the prepaid service while cancelling your monthly plan?  I don't have a Fido agreement.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about Prepaid

It is still possible to have standard by the minute plans for prepaid. It's 30¢/min for local calls and 20¢/text message. You can then put in 10$, 20$ or 30$ cards that are good for 30 days or a 50$ card that is good for 60 days. As for transferring from postpaid to prepaid, I know it's possible, although I'm unsure of the possible costs as it is done through customer service and not in store.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Re: Question about Prepaid

It is still possible to have standard by the minute plans for prepaid. It's 30¢/min for local calls and 20¢/text message. You can then put in 10$, 20$ or 30$ cards that are good for 30 days or a 50$ card that is good for 60 days. As for transferring from postpaid to prepaid, I know it's possible, although I'm unsure of the possible costs as it is done through customer service and not in store.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2