Question about 5 GB Data Bonus

SOLVED
Harv1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I recently switched to the 5 GB plan with a bonus of 5 GB when Fido said that the bonus was permanent. At the time, I spoke to a person in customer support, but I didn't look at the details of the plan. Now, I've looked at the details of the plan with the 2 GB bonus and I noticed that it says, "Change of plan or phone upgrade following plan activation will terminate data bonus."

Accordingly, I have 2 questions:

1. Is the wording for the 5 GB bonus plan the same?

2. If it is the same, does this mean that as soon as I chose to get another phone, I will lose the data bonus. That's certainly how I interpret the sentence.

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about 5 GB Data Bonus

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Harv1,

That would be correct, your new $85 plan is from the Large category and allows you to get a Large subsidy on phones. Also, you would get to keep the data bonus of 5 GB for as long as you keep the same plan. Upgrading your phone wouldn't impact the bonus.

As for your second question, there's no fee to change your plan.

Did you already upgrade your device? If you did, a $25 one-time fee is applicable for the processing of your phone upgrade. You can learn more about this fee here.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else Smiley

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @Harv1!

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

You'd keep the 5 GB bonus for as long as you keep the plan. If you change the plan, the bonus would be lost. 

If you have the $60 version, the plan is a Bring Your Own Phone so an upgrade would be full price. With the $85 version, you'd get a Large subsidy on a new phone. In both cases, the data bonus would remain if you upgrade. 

Hope that helps! 

Harv1

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the full details for the plan I am switching to, so I'm trying to ensure that I haven't accidentally created a problem for myself. I'm switching from an $80 10 GB Pulse Plus15 Plan to the $85 5 GB + 5 GB bonus large plan. I was told that the only difference between the plans was that I would pay $5 more per month, but I would then be eligible for the large subsidy. Then the wording I referred to was mentioned to me, and that's when I decided I should ask my question.

So, it's absolutely definite that the phrase, "phone upgrade following plan activation will terminate data bonus." is not applicable to the $85 Large subsidy version of the plan.

One other matter, when I switched plans, I did it on the phone, but the customer service rep didn't mention anything about a $25 fee. Is that always charged?

Hey @Harv1,

That would be correct, your new $85 plan is from the Large category and allows you to get a Large subsidy on phones. Also, you would get to keep the data bonus of 5 GB for as long as you keep the same plan. Upgrading your phone wouldn't impact the bonus.

As for your second question, there's no fee to change your plan.

Did you already upgrade your device? If you did, a $25 one-time fee is applicable for the processing of your phone upgrade. You can learn more about this fee here.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else Smiley

Harv1

Hi Pamela and Claudia,

I just wanted to thank both of you for your assistance.